F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every since I have installed a oil catch can and air intake I have been throwing codes and receiving the check engine light. The auto shop says that it has something to do with the manifold not receiving enough air.
has anyone experienced this? Would a tune help?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Every since I have installed a oil catch can and air intake I have been throwing codes and receiving the check engine light. The auto shop says that it has something to do with the manifold not receiving enough air.
has anyone experienced this? Would a tune help?
More info may get you more help. What year truck, which engine, which intake and catch can are you running?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I imagine you’re probably getting a P04DB.

That is from the intake effecting the amount of vacuum the CCV sensor is designed to see. You can pick up a tube insert that supposedly fixes that code.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m actually not sure. I will find out for sure tomorrow when I get it checked again.
What is the P04DB for?

That is from the intake effecting the amount of vacuum the CCV sensor is designed to see. You can pick up a tube insert that supposedly fixes that code.
what is a good source of supply to look into getting one of those?

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I’m actually not sure. I will find out for sure tomorrow when I get it checked again.
What is the P04DB for?

what is a good source of supply to look into getting one of those?
P04DB - Crankcase Ventilation System disconnected.
I would double check the catch can is secured and the lines are fully connected.

But that code GENERALLY comes from aftermarket intakes as those effect the amount of vacuum seen by the CCV sensor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine did the same thing with my dual catch can installation. I suspected the check valves and went back to single can plumbing and plugged turbo side vacuum for the winter months. The connections need to be TIGHT as any vacuum leak will trip the CEL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts