F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had 2014 EB in for stretched timing chain issue at 62k miles. Ford replaced with most recent TSB kit. Seemed fine but now with 63.7k check engine light began flashing for short time(5 minutes or less) and now is on full time. Ford garage says okay to drive since light is not flashing and is on solid. Taking it in next week. Any ideas what maybe up on this??? Others experience this?? The only reason I went with Ford was the EB....thought most of bugs would be worked out by now. WRONG.

·
Premium Member
4,660 Posts
It's a 14?
Even if the bugs were worked out, that'd be on a far newer truck. :)

(with current indicators we can see they fixed some old bugs and introduced some new ones)

There's a chance that if you pull the codes, it might not have anything to do with the timing repair. I hope it's just something easy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
You're the only person I have seen with a 14 to post timing chain stretch I can recall.

We can't read your PCM, check the codes and see what it says.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your responses. Yes I have a 2014 ecoboost (stock) and yes the chain was stretched. I was lucky to have the extended warranty and my cost was $100. Won’t get codes pulled till 9/3/19. Hope it’s nothing major.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your responses. Yes I have a 2014 ecoboost (stock) and yes the chain was stretched. I was lucky to have the extended warranty and my cost was $100. Won’t get codes pulled till 9/3/19. Hope it’s nothing major.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Local Ford dealership pulled codes, said plugs on 3 & 4 fouled. Of course it doesn’t fit under extended warranty. They Recommend replacing all plugs and a flush to the tune of $1100. Really WTF. First stretched timing chain and now this. 64k on this POS.....Ecoboost. Anyone experiencing this problem????

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's about 1hr of time, $50 for the plugs (SP-580). Are they talking about an oil flush?

Anyone know anything about the "flush"? I'm not saying they don't work...I'm saying I've never done one on anything and I've never had an engine or trans blow (knock on wood).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Stealership wants to flush oil which doesn't cause spark plugs to mis it foul. The only way they could possibly justify this is if they showed you your used oil and it looked like it was scraped out of the parking lot.
Hmmm... Probably tell them to pack sand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was not for an oil flush, it was for a fuel flush. Still can’t believe they wanted $1100 to change plugs and do a fuel flush. Stealership doing what they do best....ripp’n people off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Went to my mechanic, changed all plugs( 3 & 4 check engine light misfire) did thorough GDI flush with proprietary tool, added BG gas additive, synthetic oil change/filter=$460. Truck runs like new. Getting 2.5 better gas mileage. I now understand these EB’s need this GDI maintenance service done every 50 k to get the crud out. Ford stealership wanted $1100. Ford GFYself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts