F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I turn down how loud my blinker chime is?

Also how can I disable the seat belt chime? 2011 f150

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
How can I turn down how loud my blinker chime is?

Also how can I disable the seat belt chime? 2011 f150
I dunno on the chime, but the seat belt procedure is listed in the manual...
Something like key on, wait for light to go off. And then fasten and unfasten so many times in so many seconds...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Ya, you might break out that nice little book they gave you. It's in your glove box and has all kinds of both helpful and useless information. ;)
Seat belt disable was the number one priority for me. Funny, I use it, seat belt, in states that require it but not when it's not. Mental thing. If NH ever made it law I'd use it all the time.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Dudledu, dudledu, you can turn it off, right?, dudledu, please, tell me how to turn it off, dudledu, I said, you CAN turn it off, right? dudledu, dudledu, OMG you CAN'T turn it off.

Drives me nuts.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Page 47 of the latest 2013 manual (3d printing). I always use my seatbelt but I still don't like the chime!

Reactions: ford4thot

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I didn't know you could turn the seatbelt off. I never drive on the roads with it off, but it's really annoying driving around a vineyard hearing that and I don't want to put on and take off a seatbelt every 50 yds

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I didn't know you could turn the seatbelt off. I never drive on the roads with it off, but it's really annoying driving around a vineyard hearing that and I don't want to put on and take off a seatbelt every 50 yds
a vineyard? I'm jelly....but I'd be in a whole lotta trouble if I was near a good vineyard. Not a fan of any that are within an hour's drive of my location....

·
Registered
41 Posts
I work in "hospitality" for a CA winery in the RRV. Yep... soooo much wine, so little money! My cellar runs only about 1/2 full these days :)))

I just turned off my seatbelt chime. Simple as pie:

Turn on the key (not running).
Wait for red seatbelt indicator (on dash) to turn off - 30 seconds or more (!)
Click and unclick driver's seatbelt buckle repeatedly until you see the red seatbelt indicator flash quickly

-Done-

Love the peace ad quiet!

Now if we could do the same for the parking brake chime!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I work in "hospitality" for a CA winery in the RRV. Yep... soooo much wine, so little money! My cellar runs only about 1/2 full these days :)))

I just turned off my seatbelt chime. Simple as pie:

Turn on the key (not running).
Wait for red seatbelt indicator (on dash) to turn off - 30 seconds or more (!)
Click and unclick driver's seatbelt buckle repeatedly until you see the red seatbelt indicator flash quickly

-Done-

Love the peace ad quiet!

Now if we could do the same for the parking brake chime!
We took a tour through there back in 07...was a great time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dudledu, dudledu, you can turn it off, right?, dudledu, please, tell me how to turn it off, dudledu, I said, you CAN turn it off, right? dudledu, dudledu, OMG you CAN'T turn it off.

Drives me nuts.
My girlfriend says it's my truck saying hello to me. I'd like to turn it off as well.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Thanks dudes. The annoying part is when a passenger gets in and don't buckle up it gets angry at me. No longer!

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Cool which one?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts