F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 f150 eco boost and sent it in for maintenance only to find out the turbo is basically split the clamp that holds the hot side to the cold side is missing. I cannot find this clamp anywhere nor can my mechanic, the parts stores or the ford dealer. Looks like a simple v band and all signs point to buy a whole turbo. Anyone know a part number or what clamp would work?

· Registered
2013 race red SCrew 4x4 air lift bags
2,639 Posts
Right but I’m looking for a part# or a size to look for. It looks like a vband or something like that. I’m not a mechanic and have never dealt with turbos.
Hmmm. Maybe take it to Napa or another auto parts store and see if they can match one up. I'm not sure what the specific size is.

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,874 Posts
Hmmm. Maybe take it to Napa or another auto parts store and see if they can match one up. I'm not sure what the specific size is.
You could always buy a used turbo off eBay for cheap and steal the clamp off it. It’d be a whole lot cheaper than buying a new turbo.

· Registered
10,507 Posts
Did you try full-race? They seem to have a close partnership with BorgWarner so they may be able to give you a clue

· Performance & Tuning
140 Posts
They are vband clamps. Measure the diameter and search for them online you should be able to find some in the size you need. I have 2in to 5in vbands in my shop and most exhaust shops carry them. You can also check with the turbo manufacturers- Borg Warner, Garrett. Another source is turbo builders- CRP, Fullrace, Compturbo.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Definately not. Just odd that there are only so many sizes of these and nobody knows what size it is or where to get it.
Legitimately not one person even willing to say sure come down the junkyard or let me measure one and see or anything. Every shop or dealer or mechanic tells me “just buy a new turbo, that’s the only way to get that part”. I’ve been hunting Facebook marketplace and Craig’slist for used turbos or junked cars etc with no luck too.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts