F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,
I'm picking up my 2013 race red FX4 tonight and while I was at work yesterday I got talking to a guy about my new truck. He said that whenever he buys a new vehicle the fist thing he does is takes it home hand washes it and then uses a clay bar to remove all the steel particles present on the paint from sitting in rail yard and rail cars. I've never heard of this before but in theory I thought it made sense. Any thoughts from you detailing gurus?
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey fellas,
I'm picking up my 2013 race red FX4 tonight and while I was at work yesterday I got talking to a guy about my new truck. He said that whenever he buys a new vehicle the fist thing he does is takes it home hand washes it and then uses a clay bar to remove all the steel particles present on the paint from sitting in rail yard and rail cars. I've never heard of this before but in theory I thought it made sense. Any thoughts from you detailing gurus?
Thanks
I used a clay bar a week after I bought mine and I'm glad I did, there were a lot of contaminants on the hood and roof. I'm not sure, but I think my truck had sat out side for months under trees, etc. before I purchased it, which is probably where the gunk is from.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I bought a FX4 Flaire side some years back,It was at the dealer for 9 months got a great deal'
I never used a clay bar on it.It was looking GOOOD.I wouldn't waste my time or effort .Jus my 2 pennys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts