F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best cleaners for detailing my truck? I have leather interior and didn't want to screw it up with some cheap cleaners. Also I've read here before that Mr.Clean magic erasers do the trick for getting off that ugly looking break dust. Any suggestions??
Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
A good soft bristle brush and some dish soap coupled with elbow grease will take care of the brake dust.

As for the interior I used a damp microfiber to remove dirt and grime from the seats and dash. Then Meguiars Natural shine vinyl for the dash and door panels. Then Meguiars Gold Class leather cleaner/conditioner when I warm up the seats with the sun (or heated seats/ blow dryer).

The key to thoroughly conditioning leather (no matter the product) is getting the pores to open in the material and working a quality conditioner into the seats.

It does take time but a good quality job on anything almost always does......

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Vinylex 1215 protectant (303 is good too) for exterior and interior plastic surfaces. I have black wheels so I don't see any brake dust really.

As for washing the truck itself, touch free car wash then I go over it twice with optimium no-rinse. Dirty glove and shammy then clean glove and microfiber towel. Works as well as anything and you don't end up with tons of water spots or worrying about washing in the sun.

IMG_20140419_155627.jpg

·
Registered
131 Posts
I love that places products I've only seen one auto zone that sells it here in Tennessee but I get their monthly catalog

Sent From My Galaxt Note 3

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Griots is great stuff and Ruby is right, they are pricey, but worth it.
Keep in mind, you can always find them on sale.
Advanced auto Parts has $3.00 off on each Griots product from time to time and they also have coupon codes that are always available for online orders and for use in stores.
Right now the following codes are available...

• $20 off orders $50+ Coupon Code: "TRT25"
  • $30 off orders $75+ Coupon Code: "TRT37"
  • $40 off orders $100+ Coupon Code: "TRT41"
  • $50 off orders $125+ Coupon Code: "WD17"
For exterior I would also trust Mothers, or the NXT waxes. EagleOne wet is pretty decent as well. Also, don't hesitate to get a good random orbit buffer like the Porter Cable. That thing is fantastic and won't burn your paint. It makes short work of any detailing job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts