F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 f150 EB and When I put my truck in drive and put the break on and accelerate it makes two clicking sounds and my brother listened under the truck and it was coming from the rear differential it also does this when I put it in drive and do the same thing, my truck also vibrates pretty bad between 120 km and 130 and my tire are road force balanced, does anyone know what this could be?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Check my post on this same topic man, my truck dose the exact same thing. The dealer wants too rip apart my differential. After being in their shop for 2 days and having nothing accomplished.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It may be because you have the locking diff. Also vibrations can come from your u joints being worn. New or not if you have a bad or faulty one they'll all fail at some point and give you the vibration. Just a thought.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I would get your u joints checked out and see if the the locking diff is causing any problems with them.

·
Registered
519 Posts
The electronic locking differential is a manual operation feature, having to pull the 4x4 knob on the dash to engage. If the source of the noise is the electronic locking differential, there's a definite issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
joemac
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing