F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I'm not reopening a topic that has already been discussed.
I was entering the highway and was giving the accelerator a little push when a clicking noise came from under the hood. Truck didn't stall but did feel a bit sluggish. Maybe inter-cooler? But the clicking noise has me perplexed as to what it may have been. It did it again when I duplicate the scenario. I do not recall reading on the forum where there was a clicking noise. May be wrong about that though.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Planning a stop at the dealer tomorrow for them to look it over.
I'll report my findings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine does the same thing mid range throttle when when aplying the gas. Took it in no code no fix is what they said. Mine hesitates a little then goes. Wot works fine. I hope some one can help us lol

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I had one tick at exactly those conditions yall talking about. If I was on the interstate going speed limit and go to pass someone it would do 1 click and stop. I had it happen on on Ramps also.

Although I haven't had it happen in 6 months or more.

Never did find out what it was... I also went to dealer about it.

MPT tuned....Kings of the Street!
[email protected] & [email protected]

·
Registered
608 Posts
Is this clicking similar to (as best as I can get put it) holding a piece of paper out the window. If so my truck does it too.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I hope I'm not reopening a topic that has already been discussed.
I was entering the highway and was giving the accelerator a little push when a clicking noise came from under the hood. Truck didn't stall but did feel a bit sluggish.
Is this clicking similar to (as best as I can get put it) holding a piece of paper out the window. If so my truck does it too.
Johntkdbb and btswein,

How many miles do you two have on your trucks? What did the dealer have to say?

Ashley

·
Registered
608 Posts
Johntkdbb and btswein,

How many miles do you two have on your trucks? What did the dealer have to say?

Ashley
23,xxx. It has not been to the dealer yet, I've only had it a few months. It isn't always repeatable though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
mine has started to get a sounds like the paper out of the window. happend between 1.5 and 2KRPM. sounds like someone blowing through a kazoo. anyone know what this is? it happens pretty regularly during light acceleration. i can still hear the turbos spooling normal so hoping that's not it, but the sound has the same characteristics where it starts off low and gets louder till i get past 2K RPM and the truck shifts to the next gear.

·
Registered
127 Posts
mine has started to get a sounds like the paper out of the window. happend between 1.5 and 2KRPM. sounds like someone blowing through a kazoo. anyone know what this is? it happens pretty regularly during light acceleration. i can still hear the turbos spooling normal so hoping that's not it, but the sound has the same characteristics where it starts off low and gets louder till i get past 2K RPM and the truck shifts to the next gear.
Have you gapped your plugs to 0.30 yet? sounds alot like the infamous "shudder"

·
Registered
13 Posts
I took off the valve that connects to the canister under the drivers side. I'm pretty sure the spring in that is bad. Mine moves really easy and side to side I'll try n post a video of it.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
It's your TCBP Turbocharger Boost Pressure Valve and it's definitly broke, the loose ring at the tip of the valve shaft is actually part of the housing. Your lucky that didnt shoot threw your turbo, good luck

·
Registered
127 Posts
bottom of the cac
electric-BOV.jpg

1 - 20 of 77 Posts