F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got this kinda loud clicking noise coming from somewhere in the driveline, sounds like the rear/right rear, on my '14 FX4. It happens when I shift from Park to Reverse and then from Reverse to Drive. Also, it'll do 2-3 more click noises as I accelerate. I towed my 17 ft boat the other day and the load from the trailer made the problem even worse. It's seeming like it could be the U joint(s). I took it to the dealer on Tuesday and after taking a quick look, they told me to bring it back on Monday (because they were full) and that their plan was to change out the driveshaft and see if that fixed it. They said they never had one do this before but they'd take care of it. As soon as the slack in the drivetrain is taken up by moving forward or backward, I get this loud click. With only 1,300 miles on the truck, I'm hoping this gets figured out ASAP. Any of you experience this same issue?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! That's EXACTLY IT!!!! Your info led to YouTube vids of the same issue and they all match EXACTLY what my truck is doing! Thank you again!!! I'm going to the dealer on Monday, armed with this info! AWESOME

·
Registered
461 Posts
Guess what? I started hearing a couple weeks back that clicking sound from the rear of the truck. Took it to the dealer, he noticed my new SS Pro-comp adjustable shocks and then said it sounds like springs not seated. I looked at him and said there is an SB that reads about the sling gear. It started with one mechanic, before I left all mechanics in the shop were baffle and confused… this is the first fix they are offering and decided it must be the drive shaft. O’boy here we go again…They are placing an order on new drive shaft.

I will see If that SB is on Google and bring it to the dealer this week...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Took mine to the shop last week for this. They kept it for 2 days, then called and said they had to order parts. I have to take it back this week. The worst thing is they give me a Ford Focus to drive as a loaner. I think if you have a truck they should at least give you another truck to drive.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I hate it when people don't come back and update what the outcome was....

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
I hate it when people don't come back and update what the outcome was....
i hear ya I've heard the noise a few times myself lately Tuffmag didn't reply back. It was a while back thou, but still....

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
i hear ya I've heard the noise a few times myself lately Tuffmag didn't reply back. It was a while back thou, but still....
Hey MrB, hope you had a good trip!
so are you getting the click on hard acceleration too?

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Hey MrB, hope you had a good trip!
so are you getting the click on hard acceleration too?
no just sitting there going between rev and drive and when down shifting at about 15-25 mph I hear a clunk in rear in auto

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Hi Mr B,

Have you brought up this noise to your dealer? How many miles are on your rig? I'll check out some ways to assist. :)

Crystal
Will do ......have oil change coming up and have 25,0000 miles on ride

1 - 20 of 42 Posts