F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this same issue for over a year. Hitting the faceplate worked for awhile then nothing worked. For about 6months I drove around with no radio. Finally I got sick of it and decided to either try and fix it or get a new one. I took the radio out and disassembled. With the board connected to the bottom part of the box still I put it in the oven for 10 minutes at 385 degrees. Reassembled and everything works perfectly. I guess it was probably a bad solder joint somewhere and the reflow worked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
update for my issue....On the Monday that I noticed the issue I was on my way to the airport for a week long trip. When I returned and got into the truck on the following Friday everything worked as advertised...no issues what so ever. Fast forward a week and half, on my way to the store tonight and I noticed the clock was flashing again. Pulled the radio fuse, disconnected the battery and the problem remained. Gave the front of the radio a good old fashion "slap" and it started working. I might be looking at the same problem that MTucker had. I too am perfectly content with the stock radio if it will work.
LOL! I just bought a 2012 F150, and did some searching to figure out what could be wrong with my radio, since it isn't working. Thanks for that! Hahaha. I gave my radio a good slapping, and its on! Lmao

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got in my 2011 Monday morning and I noticed the clock was flashing, it is a random flash. The radio will not turn on and bluetooth/sync is also inop. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
I gave mine a fonz smack right at the seek button and it worked!👍

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this same issue for over a year. Hitting the faceplate worked for awhile then nothing worked. For about 6months I drove around with no radio. Finally I got sick of it and decided to either try and fix it or get a new one. I took the radio out and disassembled. With the board connected to the bottom part of the box still I put it in the oven for 10 minutes at 385 degrees. Reassembled and everything works perfectly. I guess it was probably a bad solder joint somewhere and the reflow worked.
Are you serious? You put it in the oven? lm having the same issues, sucked but having Christmas music playing on the radio! Could you provide me with more info on what you did exactly?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts