·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Sounds like it's coming from the front

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
If it is still driving and shifting fine, I would start looking at parts you installed, sway bar, exhaust and everything else first....see if something came loose.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Yeah every looks fine visually. Nothing looks out of place underneath. The clunks are quite jarring and happen even under light throttle with a fairly stable vehicle. It definitely "feels" like a tranny issue

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #265

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Yep. I've been having some issues with the trans for a while, hard shifts, and had it in to the dealer a few months ago and they claimed they weren't able to replicate it. Well guess what, there's no missing it now! Lol

I'm just relieved it happened while the warranty is still valid (have another year and 10k miles to go).

Now I can only hope I get some timing chain rattle too before it runs out :)

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #268 (Edited)

cinnamon-toast-horiz-a-1800.jpg

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Dang that sounds like something is eating itself. I probably would not be driving that to reduce further damage.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
Dang that sounds like something is eating itself. I probably would not be driving that to reduce further damage.
Nope it's parked. Getting it towed to the dealer on Monday.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
O wow, you really screwed that up, lol.

So it only does it once in gear? You could do a test by holding a screw driver to it and listening at t case, bell housing and transmission itself.

Hopefully it is not inside of transmission.

Anyways, how will you warranty with mods?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
O wow, you really screwed that up, lol.

So it only does it once in gear? You could do a test by holding a screw driver to it and listening at t case, bell housing and transmission itself.

Hopefully it is not inside of transmission.

Anyways, how will you warranty with mods?
What mods? 😑

It's not a ford warranty, it's a 3rd party. Nothing's really obvious aside from the intercooler, but that wouldn't by itself make any more power. Stock tune is on it. Been having documented issues with trans for a little while. Don't really think there will be too many questions about the cause. Trans failed, it's part of what's covered. We'll see

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #273

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
Sad day
20200614_141741.jpg

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
Nah, not a sad day. It’s a chance to get it back to where it should be. The only real sad is if that warranty isn’t as good as you hope it might be.
True that

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #278 (Edited)
Are there any good options for a "performance" reman transmission? A quick Google search brings up this:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
Is yours not rebuildable?
Not sure. I dont' believe they're going to though. They're already trying to screw around with just trying to replace it with a used transmission with 90k miles on it

261 - 280 of 310 Posts