F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

281 - 300 of 323 Posts

·
Modinstrator
2,675 Posts
Yeah, that’s not a good feeling. You should at the very least get a rebuilt trans out of a warranty and if nothing else you could decide what to do on a converter.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
What would tou suggest for converter?

·
Modinstrator
2,675 Posts
I’m probably not the right person to direct you on the stall level of your convertor as my stock convertor is just fine on my truck but perhaps at least as important as the stall level is the quality of a really tough convertor. These run the gamut. There are a number of good manufacturers out there. The question here is are you going to tow, dump more power into it, leave it OE?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
I’m probably not the right person to direct you on the stall level of your convertor as my stock convertor is just fine on my truck but perhaps at least as important as the stall level is the quality of a really tough convertor. These run the gamut. There are a number of good manufacturers out there. The question here is are you going to tow, dump more power into it, leave it OE?
Not enough that i'd ever consider any mods based strictly on towing. Just a street warrior. Obviously not OE. Maybe turbos and then that would prob be it.

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Just my point of view, but I went with a 2500-2700 stall on my circle D converter and am very happy with how it performs. I can offroad, “race” and tow with it without any real compromise for my power level and truck set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Just my point of view, but I went with a 2500-2700 stall on my circle D converter and am very happy with how it performs. I can offroad, “race” and tow with it without any real compromise for my power level and truck set up.

That is actually a nice upgrade (especially for your truck & mods) but that stall would be fine for even a basically stock EB. I ran a similar TC stall on prior vehicle and it was perfect.

For an EB, it is low enough for good daily driving characteristics but has a few more RPMs to help build more boost (over the stock 2000ish rpm stall).

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
So aside from PBH transmissions (out of stock) what are some other good options? Even a basic (non-"performance") reman. Has anybody heard of or ever dealt with the SPPrecision XP (Xtreme Performance) transmissions? Seems almost too good to be true, and not very specific on the upgraded parts. What else is out there???

·
Modinstrator
2,675 Posts
Get this guy to build you a trans. He really seems to know what he’s doing.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
Looking at Street Smart Transmission also. 3-year unlimited mile warranty, covers parts and labor if it fails. $2540, looks pretty good. Pretty detailed on all upgrades too

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
When I looked into it, most folks upgrading these trans were just doing the stage 1 or stage 2 exedy clutches and intermediate shaft. Pair that with your TC of choice and have some fun.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
So good news/bad news.

Warranty replacement is APPROVED. However, they are trying to get away with replacing with a used tranny that has 96k miles on it for $1000. Don't worry, thats not going happen. A reman trans will be the only thing going in. Im going to have to beg and plead that they pay an additional $1500 (total of $2500) for a reman through Street Smart Transmission (3 year, unlim mile warranty, no upfront core charge) and if they refuse, at the very least they will pay $1000 towards the reman and cover labor.

What would you guys do?

This was an unexpected expense so major upgrades are kinda out of the question.

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
I would bite the bullet and pay the difference for the reman if they will go for it. If they dig their heels in, I would just go with what they give you and then budget for the trans you want.

·
Modinstrator
2,675 Posts
Not sure what to tell you. Is that what the verbiage in your warranty allows? If it worms around with words, you may be hosed.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
I would bite the bullet and pay the difference for the reman if they will go for it. If they dig their heels in, I would just go with what they give you and then budget for the trans you want.

Oh for sure thats the very least that will happen.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
Not sure what to tell you. Is that what the verbiage in your warranty allows? If it worms around with words, you may be hosed.
It says can be replaced with new, reman, rebuilt, or like miles/condition, at the discretion of the administrator

·
Modinstrator
2,675 Posts
Well... I guess that comes down to what kind of person the administrator is then. Best of luck, I hope it works out in your favor. By the way did they tell you what let go in your transmission?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
Well... I guess that comes down to what kind of person the administrator is then. Best of luck, I hope it works out in your favor. By the way did they tell you what let go in your transmission?
Not yet

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
Here's everything I replaced with stock parts in the dealer parking lot when they told me the warranty company was sending an inspector 😂😂😂

Only took 90 minutes for everything. Thank god for quick-disconnects on the vc50 and siren speaker

20200621_122138.jpg

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
Getting there
20200629_134149(1).jpg

Reactions: BRoell
281 - 300 of 323 Posts