F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I currently have an 2011 EcoBeast F150, and looking to upgrade the cold air intake. I currently use 93 octane gas. I want something that will have a good bit hp increase, and also look good to that doesn't cost a fortune. Send pic and hp and tq specs of what u have and why u chose what u chose.

Thanks,
Ruboosted?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Well Ru I'll be honest with you, there isn't gonna be much if any with just a cai, your gonna have to go with a full setup to see gains from the cai. Meaning bbk throttle body, downpipe, and free flowing catback.
If your wanting more hp go with a tune for the truck, there is numerous tuners out there that will make your truck really quick. And if you buy an sct device with a tune with it, it will be close to the same price.
Where you'll add maybe 5hp with the cai and can add anywhere from 50-100 hp with just a tune.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Liike said above, CAI isn't going to gain much other then turbo whistle. Our stock airbox has proven to flow enough air even when tuned. Save your money and just get a good drop-in fliter for the stock box. IMO

·
Registered
399 Posts
But...if you still want a CAI, I would recommend the S&B. :) The newly released Banks Ram Air intake looks nice, too.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
I'm glad to find this thread. I have yet to see any CAI threads and I am in the same boat as OP. Also wondering what the BEST tune is, BEST oil, BEST oil change interval, BEST price to pay for an Eco truck, BEST downpipe, and BEST exhaust.

BEST regards,

Raiderfan

·
Registered
431 Posts
Do really need a cai for this engine with the turbos??
no. spend your money on better things. been discussed many times as well which is why everyone hates seeing these threads. you will see little no no gains except for sound. If you want to spend hundreds for sound then by all means. I'll even sell you my bbk sticker for added hp.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm glad to find this thread. I have yet to see any CAI threads and I am in the same boat as OP. Also wondering what the BEST tune is, BEST oil, BEST oil change interval, BEST price to pay for an Eco truck, BEST downpipe, and BEST exhaust.

BEST regards,

Raiderfan
Our BEST poster forgot a few things. .. what are the BEST plugs, BEST tires, and can't forget BEST meth kits! I would skip asking about lights. ... we all know RIGID IS BEST!!!!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I think you should go for what you think is Best, everyone has their opinions on what is Best but the Best thing you can do is ask questions from some of the Best Ecoboost owners on this forum and try your Best to to come to an decision

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

BEST regards,

Raiderfan
Best cai is S&B
Best tune is custom
Best oil is Mobil one
Best interval is 5,000
Best down pipe is solo
Best exhaust is full race
There now you know and knowing is half the battle
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408669998.147557.jpg

·
Registered
204 Posts
no. spend your money on better things. been discussed many times as well which is why everyone hates seeing these threads. you will see little no no gains except for sound. If you want to spend hundreds for sound then by all means. I'll even sell you my bbk sticker for added hp.
Thx

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
^^^^

Reactions: cbvet

·
Registered
19 Posts
everyone has their own opinion of parts........ you really wont gain anything out of just a CAI.... i have a AFE stage 2 and a banks monster exhaust works great but want to get DP res delete and charge pipe and retune.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I thought the best tune was SSi?

·
Registered
13,055 Posts
everyone has their own opinion of parts........ you really wont gain anything out of just a CAI.... i have a AFE stage 2 and a banks monster exhaust works great but want to get DP res delete and charge pipe and retune.
Which charge pipe & what does it do?

Sent from my white iPad3 in a RED smart case using an app called Tapatalk

·
Registered
475 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Thanks Chad!
Lol, I was just messing around. The best of any of those above are what the consumer likes the best for there vehicle. We are all different people and like different things. That's what's great about this community is all the parts becoming available. Those are my choices above and what I like.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts