F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to share a little data I have ben working on for my 2013 f150 Ecoboost. I have compared the stock air box to a K&N filter insert and an AFE CAI with and with out SCT can tune. All runs were done on same day with in a few hours from start to finish using our Dynojet Dyno.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Great information! Really appreciate you posting this. Were you running the 93 octane canned SCT tune?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Looks like stock filter did better then the k&N drop in if im looking at this right, all the shades of color are throwing me off though. Stock with the K&N drop in looks good but with tune looks the worst.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Wow, the AFE and SCT = just shy of 100ft/lbs tq increase! That is pretty convincing stuff. In 6 years when my warranty ends I may just have to do it.

I would love to see the same test with an after market performance exhaust. I would also love to see some 0-60 and 1/4 mile times with the AFE/SCT combo.

Thank you for sharing your data with us, as it will be really helpful to those that are trying to decide on how to Mod their trucks.

SPPD

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for sharing your results. I have been dying to get my truck up on a Dyno!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Looks like stock wins in the lower rpm range. I tow alot and the 2000-3000 rpm range is where I'm at, not real concerned with top end rpm range.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would like to share a little data I have ben working on for my 2013 f150 Ecoboost. I have compared the stock air box to a K&N filter insert and an AFE CAI with and with out SCT can tune. All runs were done on same day with in a few hours from start to finish using our Dynojet Dyno.
This is an awesome post. Thanks. I have read a lot of posts on other forums presenting a variety of views both for and against. Thanks again.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Looks like stock wins in the lower rpm range. I tow alot and the 2000-3000 rpm range is where I'm at, not real concerned with top end rpm range.
Exactly! That is why I got the Full-Race catback exhaust; it's major gains are 1000-3000 rpm.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Exactly! That is why I got the Full-Race catback exhaust; it's major gains are 1000-3000 rpm.
Also why I went with my solo, the one dyno I found had really good down low numbers. I don't want to lose a bit of low end to gain top end.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
17 Participants
stevenmverrill
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing