F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a cold air intake on their 3.5 L ? If so, which one.?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'll get this filter too, good price and great reviews. Is there any other "mods" to the stock intake to improve air intake i.e. air silencer?

·
Registered
951 Posts
I'll get this filter too, good price and great reviews. Is there any other "mods" to the stock intake to improve air intake i.e. air silencer?
Yes, I took out that reducer piece that connects the air box to the inside fender. It will add more air to grab (well on my 2012 it does). I just put some alum duck tape, to fill the gap to the fender. That along with my K&N filter, I now have my own CAI.

2012 screw 3.5L

·
Premium Member
3,220 Posts
Has anyone installed a cold air intake on their 3.5 L ? If so, which one.?
They are not worth the money for the gains.

They make a bunch more turbo noise.

If you have to get one, S&b is what I would choose.

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
12 Posts
Your truck already has one installed from the factory. Put in a better air filter, but it's been proven that the aftermarket CAIs don't improve performance. I put a dry AEM filter in mine.

Is this the same for a 2018 2.7L Ecoboost? And if it does where can I find out that information stating it comes from factory with a CAI? If thats the case, I'll definitely just get an aftermarket filter...if that even makes a difference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
All F150's stock intakes are really a CAI and the consensus is that an aftermarket one is a waste of money. If you want the cool factor and to gain a little louder noise, then go ahead and waste several hundred on an aftermarket CAI. I decided to just go with a dry AEM drop in and save a few bucks but get a small gain.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Had S&B on my 13 and will do the same with my 18. Top quality product.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
All F150's stock intakes are really a CAI and the consensus is that an aftermarket one is a waste of money. If you want the cool factor and to gain a little louder noise, then go ahead and waste several hundred on an aftermarket CAI. I decided to just go with a dry AEM drop in and save a few bucks but get a small gain.
This is also how I feel a cat back exhaust is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your truck already has one installed from the factory. Put in a better air filter, but it's been proven that the aftermarket CAIs don't improve performance. I put a dry AEM filter in mine.
I found this very helpful thank you. After doing some research I had never heard of AEM as I have always used K&N. After reading the reviews and ordering one they really are a great filter for the money.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I put a K&N cold air in mine simply to clean up that area and to have a filter that can be cleaned rather than replaced. I never buy these for there non-existent power gains. I have a tuner for that sort of thing.:cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well hell, I am installing a AfE CAI tomorrow. I guess I just wasted $450. It looks cool anyway.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well hell, I am installing a AfE CAI tomorrow. I guess I just wasted $450. It looks cool anyway.
Absolutely! How many spend more on wheels with no performance just appearance gain? Enjoy the intake and do not look back. KM

Reactions: nukem1040

·
Registered
7 Posts
For the record, its installed and tuned and there is a noticeable difference. Very happy with it. It did take a little longer to install than it was IMG_1857.jpg advertised.

Reactions: nukem1040

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
and replace it with alum duck tape.
And you have to wonder why Ford didn't just do that from the start and same millions of dollars? ;)

Think I'll just keep the setup they originally designed.. :)

Mitch

1 - 20 of 35 Posts