F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 eco has had a turn for the worse with fuel mileage. I live in north east Pa and the past week it seems like my mpg's have puked out, I do have a couple mods on truck, MPT tune , stainless works catted downpipes and afe stage 2 cai, I might switch back to stock intake just to see what happens what do you guys and gals think?:(

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
My 2013 eco has had a turn for the worse with fuel mileage. I live in north east Pa and the past week it seems like my mpg's have puked out, I do have a couple mods on truck, MPT tune , stainless works catted downpipes and afe stage 2 cai, I might switch back to stock intake just to see what happens what do you guys and gals think?:(
Winter fuel doesn't help, but it seems these trucks love the cold by drinking more fuel.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
900 Posts
same here.. im always popping off 19 to 21 mpgs and since thursday its been in the upper 20's to low 30's and my fuel mileage is around 16.5 to 17

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah in MD the temperature has been around high-20s to low 30s. I just noticed today, my MPG's have dropped slightly.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Same here. I think Ford needs to go back to the drawing board in these engines.
I always experience a drop in fuel economy during the winter but none of my vehicles have taken as bad a turn as this new truck.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the input, I guess I could change my driving habits.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Thanks for all the input, I guess I could change my driving habits.
We just took a trip to VT Saturday, 1/3 of the trip back roads that usually give me about 18-19mpg and the rest highway with the cruise set to 65. Averaged 18.1. Normally this trip would have averaged in the 21-22mpg range. Even my diesel truck doesn't take this kind of plunge.
So driving habits will not change it much.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Every winter my mpg's drop. It effects all the vehicles I own. My 2013 EB is no different and no more extreme.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Agree with the observations of temperature and mileage. We had a rather abrupt end to fall and I have seen the turn on the same tank of gas. Winter blend makes it even worse.

It is especially noticeable on short trips. your torque converter doesn't engage until the transmission fluid temp reaches 104 deg and that makes a big difference.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Winter fuel, fluids that are as thick as honey, 4x4 engage, tire roll resistance, parts taking longer to warm up, a lot of cold weather variables will take there toll on vehicles MPG especially. I will say I love that at -40 the Eco does better than my last V8 and V10; especially when it is outside idling for a hour or so. Yes there is a bigger difference in the MPG from cold weather to hotter weather with the Eco but and my last motors I have had didn't differ as much but that is because they were always lower teens (V10 was in the low teens on a good day) where as the Eco give mid teens for winter and in the high teens to 20s come summer. I can live with such a trade off and from what I have seen every vehicle is these Sub arctic temps suffers massively.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just noticed that my transmission gears just appeared on my dash. why did this happen and how do I get rid of it. does it have something to do with cold weather? my truck is a 2013 eco

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
You must have hit the 'Up' switch on your gear shift. When you hit the 'Up' switch again it should go away.

Reactions: scap99

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just noticed that my transmission gears just appeared on my dash. why did this happen and how do I get rid of it. does it have something to do with cold weather? my truck is a 2013 eco

·
Registered
42 Posts
Most of my driving here has been 4x4 vehicles, and I know what to expect. Longer warm up times, winter blend gas, longer drive times until the powertrain warms up. All these together mean crappy MPG. Having a heated garage helps, except when you are at work. Other than that, I have learned to live with it. The part of the equation I really don't like is the winter blend gas. Do we really need this? I feel the answer is no. And I don't buy the environmentally friendly crap. No offense to anyone.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Same here. I think Ford needs to go back to the drawing board in these engines.
I always experience a drop in fuel economy during the winter but none of my vehicles have taken as bad a turn as this new truck.
Just sell your truck already, it's obvious you dont like it. lol

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Every vehicle I have ever owned has had a drop in fuel economy in the winter time. No reason to complain. I expect it to happen. It idles more to warm up, there is winter fuel and the road conditions are different. Especially if you live in a snowy area - snow creates drag and you have to push through it. You are also slipping and sliding around on slick surfaces.

My truck is set up for the cold with winter weight fluids and would not get very good mileage in a warm climate...it usually does not go much above 70*F during the summer where I live...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Just sell your truck already, it's obvious you dont like it. lol
So what your saying is that people should only post if it is positive.
There are a lot of things about this truck that I do like and a lot of things that I do not.
Yes I'm not a big fan of American made vehicles because from past experience they just do not stack up in the quality and dependability dept.
From what I've seen of other comments I am not along in this not being my first choice but instead, the more affordable one.
But I did buy it for better or worse and this forum is for better or worse with respect to comments.
So what's you point?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I found possible cause of my issue, crawled underneath truck because it was giving a little exhaust fume in cab when sitting still and passenger side downpipe was'nt quite tight where it bolts up to turbo hopefully that improves things a bit.
Why can't we just all get along?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts