F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidentally ordered the colder plugs from Stage3. My fault entirely, wasn’t paying attention. I have a 2012, running just a tune.

Will I have a negative impact using those plugs or should I return and buy the standard heat range?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Depending on the tune, your truck will probably prefer the colder range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
The type of driving also is a key factor. If a lot of your driving is City Traffic with stop & go, then you would prefer to us the stock plug.

But if you do a lot of hard driving, highway or towing; the colder plugs would be better.

I have ran both (stock & colder). I do a lot of City Driving; so I usually run the stock plug's heat rating to avoid fouling.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The type of driving also is a key factor. If a lot of your driving is City Traffic with stop & go, then you would prefer to us the stock plug.

But if you do a lot of hard driving, highway or towing; the colder plugs would be better.

I have ran both (stock & colder). I do a lot of City Driving; so I usually run the stock plug's heat rating to avoid fouling.
Good info. I really only on drive the truck on long trips and tow often with it. Either that or I drive it following the old Italian tune up adage. Colder is probably good for me. Plus I run a 93 tow/perf tune as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts