F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
Lake City wannabe. Pure paradise.
(annually I try to kill myself on the Alpine loop a couple of times)

I love Colorado.
But I promise not to buy land and become an enemy of the natives. You'll just get my Texas Tourist dollars and I'll go back home before it snows. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are the only person from Texas I respect. I'm actually from Colorado, born ina one room school house, no joke true story. I will never be able to afford that house, because people do the oppeoppo of that here.

Tell more Texans about how much snow we get. The marauding Indians, bear home invasions etc...FL
Lake City wannabe. Pure paradise.
(annually I try to kill myself on the Alpine loop a couple of times)

I love Colorado.
But I promise not to buy land and become an enemy of the natives. You'll just get my Texas Tourist dollars and I'll go back home before it snows. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Durango area here. I make it up to Denver half a dozen times a year. I have a bunch of parts for sale if anyone is interested I will be in Denver for the Outdoor Retail show at the end of July and can bring them up.

Also if anyone is interested in a trail day or two in the Silverton/Ouray/Telluride/Lake City area this summer I would be happy to put something together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
314 Posts
Y’all are gonna hate me, wife and I bought land near Creede, yup we are those Texans.. sorry (ducking)! Closed yesterday. We are not snow people but we love the hiking and I love the MTB and ATV opportunities, and fishing in the back yard. We are on a 1-2 year plan to put a small place to stay, right now it needs a well and septic, but at least power is close. I think my truck is going to need a small lift, bigger tires and a winch in the future :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Y’all are gonna hate me, wife and I bought land near Creede, yup we are those Texans.. sorry (ducking)! Closed yesterday. We are not snow people but we love the hiking and I love the MTB and ATV opportunities, and fishing in the back yard. We are on a 1-2 year plan to put a small place to stay, right now it needs a well and septic, but at least power is close. I think my truck is going to need a small lift, bigger tires and a winch in the future :)

LOL! Jerry, Texans are the only thing keeping the state halfway sane. All the California transplants, are the problem . . . :)

Don't register any vehicle here.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
LOL! Jerry, Texans are the only thing keeping the state halfway sane. All the California transplants, are the problem . . . :)

Don't register any vehicle here.
HEY! Not all of us are a problem. :cool: A lot of us leave because we can’t stand the state either. I can guarantee you if I was your neighbor you wouldn’t even know I was there. Except when I start up my classic car. I just want something better for my retirement years. That I hope is safer, quieter and I don’t have to listen to sirens and a holes spinning donuts in all the intersection in my neighborhood. Needless to say all the shootings and robberies that are done mostly by lame ass gang bangers. Then finally I can’t afford to live here on retirement. Colorado isn’t on my list of places to retire but if it was I’m not going to try to change anything to the way the state is run no matter where I end up. I’m just looking for a better way of life with a roof over my head and hopefully a ton of less stress. California does suck in most areas. Anyways madmaxmutt I get what you mean. :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Castle Rock. Born, raised, and spent the first 30 years of my life in South Jersey. Moved to Denver in 2004 and been in Castle Rock since 2006. I tell all the guys I work with that I consider myself a native now!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Native here... Arvada mostly...now up in the Tri-Town area... But I just tell people "Longmont" to avoid the explanation.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts

Congrats! You picked a great spot! A small lift, good tires and skid plates will help you get up Stoney pass to fish Pole creek not to mention all the incredible 4wd roads and hiking trails. I’m a transplant from Illinois but I’ve been in the Durango/Silverton area for 10 years now. Tourism and Texans pay for me to live here as well as my 15 employees so you won’t hear me complain about Texans, Californians or anyone else really. Let me know if you need suspension/tire choice or installation help.

·
Vendor
314 Posts
Congrats! You picked a great spot! A small lift, good tires and skid plates will help you get up Stoney pass to fish Pole creek not to mention all the incredible 4wd roads and hiking trails. I’m a transplant from Illinois but I’ve been in the Durango/Silverton area for 10 years now. Tourism and Texans pay for me to live here as well as my 15 employees so you won’t hear me complain about Texans, Californians or anyone else really. Let me know if you need suspension/tire choice or installation help.

Heck yea that's what I'm talking about, just looked that trail up that looks awesome! Perfect out and back on a MTB, and the camping around there looks killer!

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Heck yea that's what I'm talking about, just looked that trail up that looks awesome! Perfect out and back on a MTB, and the camping around there looks killer!
Be careful on that mountain bike. You never know what will happen . . . IMG_20180902_180322802.jpeg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Best Colorado mods? Anyone have something they have done to their truck that makes it better in the mountains?

For me my Fox 2.0 coilovers help the truck not smash the front end on even moderate trails and dips. 5star performance/tow tune keeps me in the power at 2000-2500rpm and passing at 10,000ft is a piece of cake.

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Edge CS2, Kicker PowerStage
55 Posts
Reviving the thread to say hello & to see if anyone new is in the area? Spring time is coming and I’m itching to get out on a trail ride with other humans.

Also curious if anyone has found a performance or specialty shop they love in the metro area?

I’m a CO native, born & raised in castle rock when it was a “small town” dot on the map between Denver and the springs.

Lived on east coast for a short stint for work... missed the mountains and sunshine, so I came back, now living in Littleton.

If I didn’t live here, where the turbos do so much to counter the elevation, I probably never would have considered buying an ecoboost. But so glad I did!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts