F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing 2013 f150 with ecoboost is all this stuff about the engine getting condesation in wet weather and having major problems and ford not standing behind it true

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you heard about the issue with the turbo in moist climates I take delivery wensday im concerned

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I also take delivery Wednesday. The issues seem to have been fixed on the late MY 2012-Present.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have read the post about this problem, so I have tried to simulate the senerios where folks are saying this occurs. I have not had any issues yet. I have a 2013 FX4 with less than 500 miles and I have driven in some of tha nastiest weather over here in Germany.

·
Registered
589 Posts
On early 2012s and earlier models had the issues of the inner-cooler working to good and causing condensation, however Ford has address the issue with later 2012 and newer models. For those affected by this problem Ford has stood by it and fixed the issues. There have been some dealers who have made the process difficult but that from what has been posted been in small numbers. 25k miles on my 2012 no issues.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I only have about 1200 miles on mine so far. But have 3 friends that have 11's and 12's with up to 100k on one of them. And I asked all of them about the issues. And none of them has had any. And one of them lives near Houston TX. About as humid as it gets, and has towed his IH Scout with his EcoBoost several times around TX.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I am purchasing 2013 f150 with ecoboost is all this stuff about the engine getting condesation in wet weather and having major problems and ford not standing behind it true
These trucks are very expensive and therefore it's understandable that you'd be concerned about future troubles with it. In this case it's important to remember that Ford sells thousands and thousands of these. Of those only a few are having the problems you are concerned with. From what I've been reading the trouble with the EB was addressed for the 2013 models. So... enjoy your new truck and don't worry about things that may happen. My 2013 EB is trouble free.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 2011 with close to 60K on it, I live near the coast here in Texas and never have I had an issue with the engine. I've driven through torrential rain from Corpus to Houston in 4x4 High the whole way because I'd hit pockets of deep water and wanted to avoid losing traction. I've driven around my ranch while it was raining, driving through low spots with water in them and surely splashing water up into my engine with no problems. I even took it to the car wash and sprayed out the engine with high pressure water (a no no I'm told) and didn't have an issue. Overall, I'm very pleased with the EcoBeast :).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its bad enough that it is being investigated by the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. Ford found a fix in March 2013. But they put a 60,000 mile limit on doing repairs. My truck is over that and FORD wants me to pay for part of the fix. I made let them of the problem when the truck had 1200 miles on it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I drove mine back from the dealership and went through a pretty had downpour. Passed some people on hills:). No issues, no hint of power loss or hesitation. Sounds like the problem as been fixed. Anyone have details on what Ford did to resolve this problem? It is looking like only some trucks have it, not all. I wonder if it was problem with manufacturing process - maybe a bad seal somewhere or defect in a part that was engineered in unintentionally. (mine is a 2013)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
wildweasel7648
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing