F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Man dude, unfortunately you should have posted here before bringing truck to the dealership. I know at least 3 guys that had same issue (hole in block) while running tune and aftermarket parts, they all put the stock parts back on and drained the battery (after returning to stock tune) and they all were covered under warranty, a couple were ESP warranty too

·
Registered
34 Posts
Man dude, unfortunately you should have posted here before bringing truck to the dealership. I know at least 3 guys that had same issue (hole in block) while running tune and aftermarket parts, they all put the stock parts back on and drained the battery (after returning to stock tune) and they all were covered under warranty, a couple were ESP warranty too
Yeah, I was on the road hundreds of miles from 'home' and didn't have the parts; luckily I did not have a tune on the motor so I now have to prove a CAI and intercooler did not cause a piston rod to come apart.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, great video.

I had a con rod go through the block on my 2011 EB last week.

Does anybody know if the 2014 EB engine will work in a 2011 F150? Or what needs to be modified/changed? I have pulled the engine and am looking for a replacement but it seems like the 2011 and 2012 engines are a hot item at the auto wreckers.

Any help is much appreciated!

·
Vendor
7,053 Posts
Hi guys, great video.

Does anybody know if the 2014 EB engine will work in a 2011 F150? Or what needs to be modified/changed? I have pulled the engine and am looking for a replacement but it seems like the 2011 and 2012 engines are a hot item at the auto wreckers.

Pm me if your interested. It won't be as cheap as a junkyard motor or a factory new oem but you will have better rods pistons and bearings.

And not worth converting but there is only one main component that is different on the engine more or less

·
Registered
243 Posts
edit: the post this one responded to got deleted

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys, great video.

If the Ecoboost didn;t have these problems then the used engines wouldn't be so expensive. Huge demand generated by huge number of engine failures. Mine threw a rod at 83K miles and had since new. Anal about maintenance. Second engine did the same at 90K miles. Third engine will be someone elses problem after I slowly drive to the Toyota dealer. F150 is a POS!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pm me if your interested. It won't be as cheap as a junkyard motor or a factory new oem but you will have better rods pistons and bearings.

And not worth converting but there is only one main component that is different on the engine more or less
You need an engine from a truck with VIN code 8th digit "T". Computer interface and all that. From someone that is on their third POS Ecoboost. Toyota gets lots of great advertising by Ford Tough program. That's what they tell you when the engine fails. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
If the Ecoboost didn;t have these problems then the used engines wouldn't be so expensive. Huge demand generated by huge number of engine failures. Mine threw a rod at 83K miles and had since new. Anal about maintenance. Second engine did the same at 90K miles. Third engine will be someone elses problem after I slowly drive to the Toyota dealer. F150 is a POS!
Enjoy the twerk.

·
Registered
536 Posts
You need an engine from a truck with VIN code 8th digit "T". Computer interface and all that. From someone that is on their third POS Ecoboost. Toyota gets lots of great advertising by Ford Tough program. That's what they tell you when the engine fails. Good luck.

·
Registered
549 Posts
So you pull a 2 year old thread and start pissing and moaning.... I'm guessing your definition of "anal about maintenance" is piss poor, leading to your failures.

But hey, good luck on the Toyota forums!!! I'm betting you contribute very little there. Buh-bye!

101 - 111 of 111 Posts
About this Discussion
110 Replies
36 Participants
Mikedick77
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing