• Diablosport

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What tunes do y’all recommend that are fairly conservative and don’t push the limits of our engines? I would love to tune and have thought about it many times but I also have two buddies that blew Eco boost engines that were tuned (bully dog and SSI tuners).

My truck is a 2013 screw xlt 4x4 3.55 leveled on raptor wheels and tires. I’ve owned it since day one. Currently 125k on the clock. No major repairs to date (spark plugs, water pump, and an o2 sensor is it). Only real mods are K&N CAI, JLT catch can, factory raptor dual exhaust.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
this is a good summary, but a little dated: Best Tuners!!! Newbies look inside....

I would add Gearhead to the mix. 2011-2020 F150 Archives - Gearhead Sales From what I gather its not as aggressive on tip-in, but gets more aggressive at higher RPMs compared to 5star. This is comparing their tow tunes. I don't know how the performance ones compare.

You could also do a search on the forums and spend some time reading. Something like this is pretty subjective.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
275 Posts
Leveled ? Looks like the front is alot higher :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
707 Posts
I've got the Gearhead AO performance to tune in my 2013 right now. Plenty happy with it. I've have BCB and a 91 Unleashed tune. Those two were pretty comparable. I had an updated strategy code and BCB never got back to me, so I've stuck with the Gearhead.

The tip in isn't as good but the shifting is great and it still has plenty of power. No complaints.

I will say Torrie at Unleashed has great customer service. It seems like he works 24/7.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Long-time customer of 5 Star, I’ve also tried multiple other companies throughout the years. 5 Star also leaves all the safety parameters in tact. You could have them do it as wild or as mild as you like, of course to a point as far as wild.

I also know people that are really happy with their gearhead tunes they say it’s really close to stock but a little more power and even more so in the upper RPMs as mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Safe, conservative and noticeable power, GH or BCB

Other than that, a custom tune from 5* and data log.... 5 * has been great to me and my truck!

You will be happy with GH and Matt

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
275 Posts
driveway is angled so the picture is pretty deceiving. Has a 2.5 front level and 3 inch rear blocks. Sits perfectly level
OIC. A lift. Cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts