F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any thoughts on recent reliability ratings from consumer reports on f150? 1/5 from 2017-2119. I have no idea how they collect their statistics other then surveys sent to consumers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Owner of 2018 f 150 2.7 - 75000 km. Just curious as I have subscribed to consumers for a while now but doubt the validity of these findings. Troll?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Anyone have any thoughts on recent reliability ratings from consumer reports on f150? 1/5 from 2017-2119. I have no idea how they collect their statistics other then surveys sent to consumers.
Do you have access to the report?
I am also curious what they base it on.

·
Registered
2013 Screw XTR BCB Tuned
845 Posts
Owner of 2018 f 150 2.7 - 75000 km. Just curious as I have subscribed to consumers for a while now but doubt the validity of these findings. Troll?
The optics of a guy with 8 posts in 9 months posting a negative thread about the platform, and with no link to said article.

It seems like trolling. Like some of the guys who fly in to throw a monkey wrench into Big Ben's inner workings, and take a few steps back to watch the insanity that ensues. If that's not intent, then I apologize. Many of us have seen this plenty over time. I still think you should post a link to this though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Watch on you tube - " 2020 full size pickup reliability ranking from consumers report". Video produced by "Pickup truck plus SUV talk" Channel. Not sure how to link the direct video from you tube. Sorry.

·
Registered
2013 Screw XTR BCB Tuned
845 Posts
So it's not consumer reports at all. It's a Youtube channel? Yeah, i'll take my grain of salt now please.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you actually watched the video, you would see he is using info from latest consumers reports magazine. Obviously I'm not going to get a straightforward/educated answer on this one. So, I will end this discussion.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
They really are pretty horrific for 2017+. Here is a screen shot from their site. Apparently its not engine issue though:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Screw XTR BCB Tuned
845 Posts
Only major thing I see is in car electronics. Those weren't even good on the 2013 model. Thus why I gutted as much of that crap out as I could. I dont see how that all adds up to a 1/5. I know i'm no math major.

·
Premium Member
6,313 Posts
I mean no disrespect to either side of the fray, but I'm not going to go trade in any of the families F150 Ecoboosts.

They are the most amazing gasoline powered trucks since the advent of..... Well, gasoline powered trucks.

Consumer Reports are what they are. And the conclusions that folks come to are their RIGHT as consumers. :)

I just got home from a 120 mile round trip to church and lunch with a mess of my kids and grandkids. The truck I chose as my wagon today (I had 2 to choose from) provided more comfort, luxury, entertainment, and performance than the passengers could possibly hope for.

Next Sunday I'll just take my risks again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Three thoughts.

1. There are non-ecoboosted trucks, so I imagine this includes all the engines.

2. Notice the survey doesn't touch on the ecobeast forte. Mostly creature comforts that worked just fine in my trucks. No towing or hauling, but they are rating trucks. If you want a truck for a car, the rules are different. If you want a truck for truck purposes, hands down Eco Boost.

3. Surveys are like polls. Greatest and worst city to live in, etc.... Accuracy, isn't guaranteed. Look at all the dumb a$$ surveys that result in chev#&*[email protected] "winning" awards from JD Powers. . . .

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts