F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You need that hitch frequently. Leaving it in the receiver is not an option (everybody likes their knees). Do not leave it loose anywhere in the cab. It can kill you in an accident. Storing someplace in the bed is a PIA even w/ the nice step ladder gate.
Here’s what I did.
Simple fab of receiver stock. Cut to length. Cut a slot to accept the hitch gusset. Welded via 1x2 stand-off to the PS of the receiver.
Yes I’m aware welding on a receiver is verboten. This minor weld should not weaken anything.
Location is high enough not to affect climb out angle.
I disconnected the battery and both connectors to the computer b4 welding.

image.jpg

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Very nice!

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
365 Posts
Oh man, that is pretty neat! Totally dig that!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Good idea but mine stays in the receiver. I have had a dent in my bumper, but others have, since putting it in.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,220 Posts
I just take mine off and leave it with the camper. Nothing else I have uses the wdh and it sets off the backup sensor and makes me wanna punch the steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
365 Posts
I dig the idea. I need to replace my rear bumper anyway, so I am not sure how it would look with an aftermarket job. The previous owner must have ran into his trailers a bunch with it. Oh well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just take mine off and leave it with the camper. Nothing else I have uses the wdh and it sets off the backup sensor and makes me wanna punch the steering wheel.
Same. Plus its an extra 40lbs+ to be hauling around when you aren't towing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts