F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a quick and easy way to cook a Thanksgiving ham,while driving 5 hours to kids house. Plugged the 6 quart crock pot containing a 12 lb.pre-seasoned ham and a can of Bud,into the 110 volt receptacle, at the rear of my console on my 2012 Lariat. The flat floor in the rear seating area( covered with a rubber mat) was perfect for the crock pot adventure. Best ham ever, super moist and tasty.The aroma while driving was very stimulating to the appetite.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I wouldn't last an hour without reaching back and picking at it lol. Cool idea

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Great Idea!

I once cooked on the exhaust manifold as a scout project.

SPPD

·
Registered
556 Posts
I wish I had a 110 outlet... was that optional? I dont have one on my 13
Best be careful with this. The factory supplied one is only 150 watts max and some crock pots can exceed 300 watts. You will be pushing the inverter to the limit and it will cut out trying to protect itself. You can get a 300-400 watt inverter that plugs into the cigarette light socket for about $35. Here's a baby bottle warmer which I don't know how many watts it is but it is overloading the inverter.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Well! Now I know what to use my 1000W inverter for when it's not in my jeep! Dual batter setup and drive around cooking dinner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cooking on the road in my twin screws

No, it came with the lariat package. I plan to buy a small refer to keep the drinks cold during the summer months. Might even pack a blender !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts