F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2013 F150 in today for an oil change. The stealership said I should look into buying a coolant additive or my turbos may wear out in the future due to coolant breakdown. Has anyone heard of this or is this the dealership looking for another $18 from me.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I took my 2013 F150 in today for an oil change. The stealership said I should look into buying a coolant additive or my turbos may wear out in the future due to coolant breakdown. Has anyone heard of this or is this the dealership looking for another $18 from me.
Upselling is where the money is...
They may not have your best interest in mind when they are having their wares.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
BUT, I bet if you had the "Extended Service Maintanence" Contract ... they WOULD NOT do it.

Reactions: tazzracing1

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Sounds like a load of crapola to me! Save your 18 bucks for something useful.

SPPD

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Not sure why I quoted myself....move along, nothing to see here... :cool:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I've never heard of this. I run a 04 turbo diesel and deal with a reputable diesel repair shop, they have never mentioned this. Yes to allowing the turbo to spool down and they also said that if the truck is sitting for more then a minute or two turning it off will help extend the turbo life. But I'm not sure if the 6.0 has liquid cooling to the turbo, so I may be way off base as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts