F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tired of Nitto treadwear, Toyo AT2 isn't aggressive enough, Toyo M/T doesn't have the right size I'm looking for, Cooper is aggressive E-10 Ply and 10 lbs lighter than Nitto...feedback?

·
Registered
750 Posts
i just put on cooper discoverer stt maxx i like them so far IMAG0368.jpg

Reactions: OxfordFX4

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, whats the difference with the maxx

·
Registered
750 Posts
truthfully i don't know i just liked the aggressiveness over the at3's and they made it in a 33 that fits on the stock rim. I went on discount tire to find them.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome, thanks. the dimensions on the stt 35/12520 are perfect replacements for the trail grapplers i have now

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
That's the ST Maxx....

The STT's are a mud tire. Very aggressive tire with low road noise when new. Excellent traction in mud but poor on ice or packed snow.

I am a big fan of these and at least three friends have them on their trucks right now. They look sick! I just don't need a mud tire for what I do.

I'll be buying a 35" version of the ST Maxx.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have had a few sets of Cooper tires. As long as you aren't looking for a ling tire life they are usually pretty good.

·
Registered
750 Posts
That's the ST Maxx....

The STT's are a mud tire. Very aggressive tire with low road noise when new. Excellent traction in mud but poor on ice or packed snow.

I am a big fan of these and at least three friends have them on their trucks right now. They look sick! I just don't need a mud tire for what I do.

I'll be buying a 35" version of the ST Maxx.
Ahhhh that makes more sense thanks for clearing that up

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try Duratrac's. They grip well in the mud, and smooth and quiet on pavement.
I like the duratrac but not the sizes...I can run a 35x12.5 tire but have to watch the actual dimension specs because they vary from manufacturers anywhere from 1-2" in diameter and width in that size. It sucks. I need to actually be around 34.6 in diam and 12.5-13 in width

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm running toyo at2 33" and love them. Great in snow, ice, dry, wet and mud. Haven't been stuck yet and there is little road noise.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I had a Cooper STT's separate with 25k miles and do $3,200 worth of damage to my old truck! Be careful of Cooper....they are junk!

I've had quite a few sets of Cooper truck tires and passenger tires. Never had an issue.

There is such a thing as a lemon....

·
Registered
136 Posts
I agree with that but I've had issues with three different sets over the past 10 years. I have a friend that was an engineer for them and he made comments about their quality control being ignored so they could produce more tires....mainly store brand tires (mastercraft,etc). I've got a long history with Cooper and make my judgements based on facts. When you live in an area where trucks are tools and just another farm tool.....you learn quickly what holds up. Cooper makes a "neat" looking tire but I will never buy another.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So...you kept buying them even though you had issues with them and your friend to you they suck?

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
So...you kept buying them even though you had issues with them and your friend to you they suck?
X2

Certified Internet Warrior. I once ctrl alt del'd a man to death.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yep, I sure did because I was able to buy them at cost because there is a plant nearby and people can share their discounts. I bought several new sets because the price was right. Cooper always made it right, but how many bad tires can you have? That's just my honest opinion because I don't have a dog in this fight. I just wanted to share my experiences. The issues were with a set of discoverer lt's a set of lifeliner classic 2's and the STT's.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just ordered the stt in 275/70. Also a friend just ordered 325/60. We both have 18's but I can measure his tire and let ya know how close to size they are. Im posting pics as soon as they come in and get installed. Just watch my threads.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts