F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new F-150 SCrew, was looking around the truck and noticed the tires on it were Bridgestone Dueler H/L P275/ 55 R20 and the spare is a Goodyear Wrangler AT/S LT 275 / 65 R 18 is this correct are should I go back to the dealer.
Thanks.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The tires on your truck are 31.9" diameter the spare is 32.1 diameter. There there is a difference of 0.5% in which your spare is the larger tire. Not enough to get excited about. The 20" wheels and tires are optional, but only the option only includes the 4 tires on the ground.....at least it's not a donut spare...LOL

·
Registered
537 Posts
I was out cutting the yard and stopped to take a break. So I sat down next to the rear of my FX4 and remembered your post. So under the rear end I went to check my spare tire situation. I also have the same size spare as you hanging under the bed, except my spare is a Wrangler tire. The difference in the diameter between the tow different sizes if it does bother you could be adjusted simple by letting out a few pounds of pressure from the tire.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Thats interesting Ford would use two different brands of tires on the truck. I don't have my stock tires anymore or I'd check on mine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just talked to the Ford dealer where i purchase the truck and there people say that all the F-150 come with the 18" goodyear tire for the spare.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Does it make sense to remove the spare if I have aftermarket rims and tires? I have 18" rims with 325/60r18 terra grapplers on them. If I were to get a flat could I even safely use the spare with my rim/tire combo? I'm no expert when it comes to tires, but it would think the different size could cause damage with my set up...even though if I used the spare it would only be for a short distance. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
you would likely be fine for a short distance to a shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
winchested
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing