F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. So I have been a car guy for the last 10 years. Funny story why I started in with cars too. In 2004 I bought a new F150 regular cab FX4 and brought it home to my apartment garage. It was going to be a toy truck because I had a company car, but it was not meant to be at that time. Long story short, the truck would not fit into the parking garage at the apartment complex. It was a few inches too tall, and would have nailed the roof of the truck on the top of the door opening. Luckily my friend was the manager at the Ford dealer, and I had only put a few miles on the new truck, so he took it back for me. But my trade was already wholesaled, so I needed to get something else. Well out of all the new and used cars he had, a screaming yellow Mustang GT caught my eye. I ended up getting that car, and since then(2004) I have owned that car, an 04 cobra, 07 C6 corvette, 09 Shelby GT500, (2) 2011 Mustangs and now my 2011 Corvette Grandsport. But Im getting older now(33), and my personal wants/needs have grown and shifted to what my young family's needs/wants are. I have two toddlers and a wife and the corvette is only fun for me. So I have always loved trucks, plus want to get into camping with a travel trailer, and now seems to be a great time for this. Only issue I have now is I need a truck to get that camper. The only truck I would consider would be some sort of super duty diesel or the F150 ecoboost. I like the $10k+ off sticker for the F150 plus just daily driving a loaded Ecoboost would be great. And it should pull the 26' crossroads travel trailer.

What I want would be a fully loaded '13 FX4 supercrew with the short bed, highest rear end ratio, all the bells and whistles like nav and b/u cam and whatnot. I also want that appearance package. I love the look of the dark wheels and graphics.

But anyway, I will be here lurking and reading everything I can. Hopefully I will be shopping in spring for one. I want to keep the vette for the remainder of the summer, and will have to keep it through winter until spring, as not to give the dealers the excuse to try and steal it from me because they claim that "nobody buys cars like this in the winter and it will just sit....". Whatever stealership.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. I love drag racing and general go-fast side by side racing on the highway. Getting rid of the car will hurt at first Im sure, but I could as easily turn into a mudder/off-roader just as quick. All my cars have been highly modified, and Im sure I will carry that onto the truck in the form of lifts and cool light bars and so on. Im very excited. And i will probably still get another go-fast car soon after the truck/camper have been secured, but it will not be some $40k-$60k car like Im used to. Maybe a nice older mustang or camaro that I can get for less than $10k and turn into a super fast street car on the cheap. And then ofcourse I will need to get a car trailer...... Never ends.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah nice truck, but I need 4 doors and back seats for the little ones(2yo and 3yo). The truck will also be my daily driver. But that tremor looks cool for sure. I was also thinking about the Raptor, but no rebates on that truck plus low production numbers make it very expensive to buy. Dealers want to hold sticker on the local ones near me. Yeah no thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
If possible, I'd try to keep the Vette and get an ecoboost. I sold my 02 mustang gt to get an ecoboost and will likely get another mustang in the coming years.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
If you like it, go take a look and get you a drive in! Just remember, these trucks wake up big time with aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
If you are planning on doing a lot of towing you might want to consider the Max Trailer Tow and HD Payload options, as it will increase your towing experience. Otherwise, that looks like a really well equipt truck.

SPPD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts