F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is the normal cost of local shops and dealerships for stretched chain replacement? thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just had mine done at Ford and the cost was roughly $2k. I had an aftermarket warranty so only paid sales tax on the parts. I can find my receipt and give you a breakdown if you need it. Just let me know.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Cost will depend on the 1) Who does the work and 2) How "complete" the job is done. I did an "overkill" job by replacing everything with the addition of the water pump, harmonic balancer, lower radiator hose, coolant crossover pipe and all 4 VCT solenoids. With those items, plus anything the chain comes in contact with I was at about $1300 in parts, NO LABOR. Most shops are $100+/hour in labor and the job officially books at 9-10 hours. So you're easily $1000-$2000 in labor depending on the shop rate. I have seen this job done as low as $1000 and as high as $3500. The best advice is to get a quote that details exactly what parts they are going to replace and compare apples to apples. A huge red flag would be the dealer saying they could do it for $1200. This would probably just be a chain and 1 or 2 phasers. Many have found that after an incomplete job that only replaces a few items, especially just the chain, the sound comes back after a few thousand miles. Do the job once, but do it right.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just had mine done at Ford and the cost was roughly $2k. I had an aftermarket warranty so only paid sales tax on the parts. I can find my receipt and give you a breakdown if you need it. Just let me know.
How many miles did yours have on it? Since this is such a common issue, it's been on the back of my mind as to if/when it'll need to be done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Justinjs
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing