F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run this in the Eco's? Does anyone have any results? Price is cheap? 29.99 online for 10 qts. 24.99 in store. Seems to meet specs.

·
1,847 Posts
$24.99 for 10 quarts? Didn’t look but that sounds to good to be true. Are you sure it’s not a 5 quart container?

Edit: just looked it does say 10 Quarts. Wow!

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Don't have a costco membership. Dammit. I just found out my Lexus takes 8.2 qts of oil.

I wanna say i was reading about this recently on BITOG and they said it was a Warren product similar to Supertech and AmazonBasics Oil.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
$24.99 for 10 quarts? Didn’t look but that sounds to good to be true. Are you sure it’s not a 5 quart container?

Edit: just looked it does say 10 Quarts. Wow!
It is 10qrts. 5-30. It is APR and SN+.

It is the same oil as Amazon basics, made by Warren in NEBRASKA. Amazon oil has decent results, I have not got into detail on it yet though. It would work in Eco. I would only run 5k.

·
Premium Member
5,665 Posts
I know that I'm not being scientific when I say "I just can't do it"

It's the same with corn or green beans. I'm standing in the vegetable aisle looking at the various brands and the BIG discount prices on the private label choices are intended to sway me. I know deep inside that it'll taste good on my plate and probably carry the same nutrition value as the Jolly Green Giant can.

But I just can't do it. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
Not available in Canada. Too bad. Looks like a good product at an excellent price.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'd put an oil like that in my wife's Taurus maybe. But if i've learned anything on this forum, i'd never put anything less than top shelf in one of these trucks. Too many things like timing parts, turbos, and not to mention the higher engine pressures.

My personal preference, I wouldn't go there. Not in an Eco.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I know that I'm not being scientific when I say "I just can't do it"

It's the same with corn or green beans. I'm standing in the vegetable aisle looking at the various brands and the BIG discount prices on the private label choices are intended to sway me. I know deep inside that it'll taste good on my plate and probably carry the same nutrition value as the Jolly Green Giant can.

But I just can't do it. Lol

I’m pretty much the same way. I go for name brands only. Keeps me satisfied.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Whatever helps you sleep at night. If you change it with high frequency, it sort of eats into the cost savings and makes for more work with more changes. Personally if someone had convincing data for super oil X which lasts 20,000 miles but it costs $40 a quart, I'd be all into it.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Again, for the record Warren is very respectable. Look up test results for AMAZON basics syn oil. If you change frequently, it would be fine, it has all the highest ratings, SN+ and dexos.

That also being said, at least for now, this has to be the cheapest best oil you can get.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Whatever helps you sleep at night. If you change it with high frequency, it sort of eats into the cost savings and makes for more work with more changes. Personally if someone had convincing data for super oil X which lasts 20,000 miles but it costs $40 a quart, I'd be all into it.
Sleep is very important to me as I don’t get much of it thanks to my job. Problem for me is I don’t want to learn what data makes oil good or bad. Sadly I haven’t used full synthetic because of a Ford warranty I have , they do the changes for me as warranty work. I’m good with syn blend 4000 mile changes. But this isn’t helping the OP. Someone should post the data then the smart guys can analyze it. It’s easier for me to listen to them.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I’m pretty móbil 1 partial. However. If I was in a pinch I would probably use a pensoil or possibly castrol equivalent

Im not sure about the Costco or amazon brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I hear you about brands. Takes the "research" you need to do out of the equation. Usually if something is cheaper, it's because it is, in some way inferior to a branded product. So it just goes against reason that it would be a good oil to use. We need DATA!! I don't know how much margin of tolerance is built into the specifications, for example, say different grades of metal, or quality of paints. I mean can you dilute the oil 1:2 and still be SN+ etc.? I'm certainly not an oil expert and probably would rely on the brand name too. It's just too risky with all the potential things that could go wrong. Not saying it's bad oil, just it's not Mobile 1 or Penn.

·
Premium Member
5,665 Posts
If we were talking about ANYTHING other than my Ecoboost truck(s), I'd probably be less of an oil snob.

Well, maybe my KTM's too. Their maintenance schedules are based on hours, not miles. The 500EXC gets oil every 15 hours. Motul because KTM says it's cool. Lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone run this in the Eco's? Does anyone have any results? Price is cheap? 29.99 online for 10 qts. 24.99 in store. Seems to meet specs.
I've tried it with 3-5k oil change intervals while at Alaska. I didn't experience any issues with daily driving and no towing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts