F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
It would be fast, but there are a lot of advantages for the eco.

more tourque
less weight
potential power (if they can figure out the fueling issue)
better mileage

·
Registered
565 Posts
i had the same thought i was thinking it wwould be nice to have the V8 sound but the cost to make the 5.0 compareble to the eco is expensive

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Yeah, you can burn them with a good tune.

If you did drop the 6-8k thousand it takes to make the 5.0 really fast, your eco would still be right there with them.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh trust me I'm not looking to leave the Eco.

I meant to say, makes you wonder what the Eco will be capable of.

The 275/60r17 I think is also playing a big part on that trap speed.

Gonna throw some on my raptor wheels and do some runs soon as they open up wild horse race way.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
if you drop 6-8k in the eco your money is much better spent
After around 4k you've already moved into suspension and brake upgrades.

I have a little over 4k into my motor, and I bet she'd hold her own against the trd tundra, s/c'ed 5.0, or a s/c'ed hemi.

Reactions: Grim Reaper

·
Registered
565 Posts
my complete build wish list was close to 20k but most of that was extreior parts like bumpers and the off road lights.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
my complete build wish list was close to 20k but most of that was extreior parts like bumpers and the off road lights.
mine too, If i had the money I'd make a raptor killer...

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Dirt king has a long travel kit for the f150 for a little under 3k. Includes LCA, UCA, extended axles, tie rod extensions and brake lines.
I was planning on going with the Icon 2.5 mid-travel, and maybe some fiberwerx fenders.

The regular f150 ones and the raptor rears. I don't want a clone.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was planning on going with the Icon 2.5 mid-travel, and maybe some fiberwerx fenders. The regular f150 ones and the raptor rears. I don't want a clone.
That's what cool about the dirt king kit, it'll let you run stock replacement shocks. Kings, icons, fox

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I can't find it... link??

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Okay, I'll creep through the f150 forum, and see if I can find anything.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
View attachment 5462 Here is what they sent me, I have a few pics with the kit on an stx. I gotta look for them

It's 3.5 each side and 11 inches of travel
I like it!

I found the guy's stx on the F150 forum, but none of his pic links will work.

So, basically you're looking at around 5k to complete the kit. Not bad, but I really don't like the tie rod extensions.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
It's pretty easy to make your own tie rods, SDHQ has all the parts you need. Shouldn't be too pricy
They're around 700 for a decent pair.

I wonder if I can get the Icon kit, and just uprgade the LCA's down the line. The Icon UCA's are adjustable, but to what extent. The rear shackles are nice too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts