F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
I just got the Mishimoto with pipes on sale for $700. I’m loving it so far. It’s so much larger and more solidly built. No plastic. All metal pipes and IC with silicone couplers. The pipes were a PITA to install, but the IC itself was a snap. I also added the Turbosmart Supersonic BOV. That took some engineering to install on the Mishimoto, but eventually I got it on.
The only negative I see at this point is no drains for condensate.

Sorry to hijack here, but is it advised to put a petcock or drill a hole on this unit too?

2013 F150 XLT 3.5L SCrew. AFE Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Dual 3-1/2" CAI, Mishimoto Performance Intercooler with Pipes, TurboSmart SP Supersonic BOV Kit , Team RXP Heat Exchanged Dual Catch Can, AEM Coil Packs, SCT/Bully Dog BDX Tuner w/5* Tuning Custom Tunes, AFE ATLAS 4" Aluminized Steel Cat-Back
Mishimoto has a drain plug on the 2011-14 intercooler. Not sure on their 2015+ intercooler.. Its in one of the lower mounting legs.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mishimoto has a drain plug on the 2011-14 intercooler. Not sure on their 2015+ intercooler.. Its in one of the lower mounting legs.
Ahhh! Yes! I see it now. Lol. It’s camouflaged! Thanks!

2013 F150 XLT 3.5L SCrew. AFE Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Dual 3-1/2" CAI, Mishimoto Performance Intercooler with Pipes, TurboSmart SP Supersonic BOV Kit , Team RXP Heat Exchanged Dual Catch Can, AEM Coil Packs, SCT/Bully Dog BDX Tuner w/5* Tuning Custom Tunes, AFE ATLAS 4" Aluminized Steel Cat-Back

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Where did you get the deal on the Mishi?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Where did you get the deal on the Mishi?
Black Friday sale on Mishimoto.com

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Thats a solid deal. Missed that deal.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
i havent had any accumulation issues. I did drill a 1/32" hole in the drain plug for the intercooler so its always purging slightly though.
probably going to do this too, assuming you drilled it drivers side (cold side) of the intercooler in the little threaded Alan key plug that I had to put in? Does it still drain/accumulate as much as the stock one did cause that thing was messy haha

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Anyone know the size of the drain plug on the CP-E?

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
And then customs on top of it in most cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotta love the $20 Max tax free imports into Canada. You Americans don't know how good you have it!

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Premium Member
6,888 Posts
Gotta love the $20 Max tax free imports into Canada. You Americans don't know how good you have it!
Actually, about ½ of us DO know how good we have it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: winchested

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Reactions: DNA Dan

·
Registered
390 Posts
For anyone stumbling across this thread in the future, I did much research on the available intercoolers for these model years and I ended up choosing the CPE myself, and couldn't be happier. Check out my comparison thread here: END ALL BE ALL - 11-14 Intercooler Thread

·
Registered
390 Posts
To piggyback on my previous post, I DIDDDDDDD have major condensation issues with my CPE without drilling a weep hole in the driver-side drain plug. This is simply due to the IC cooling SOOOOOOO effeciently and remaining in the stock location (as opposed to the Full Race) and not having the ability to blow it out through the bov. I was accumulating nearly a cup/day in the intercooler, and it was getting sucked up through my intake causing a bank2 misfire on WOT.

I highly recommend drilling a 1/16" weep hole in the driver-side drain plug (removable 1/8NPT plug) if youre going to use the CPE.

I am just OCD, and decided to go with the Full Race, and I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
13 Posts
@Codycat91 Thanks for the follow up! I'm getting a new IC someday, but my most recent addition was a turbosmart vee port bov. now my concern is what intercoolers will it fit with, but I see there is also a right angle adapter from turbosmart, perhaps that is all it takes if it won't fit the other way.

·
Registered
390 Posts
@Codycat91 Thanks for the follow up! I'm getting a new IC someday, but my most recent addition was a turbosmart vee port bov. now my concern is what intercoolers will it fit with, but I see there is also a right angle adapter from turbosmart, perhaps that is all it takes if it won't fit the other way.
Isn't the vee port made to replace the factory anyway? So if you ordered an that accepts the factory bov and muffler box thing (as opposed to the cpe that removes the muffler and only uses the valve) you should be good? Or you could always sell your vee-port and get a true mechanical bov when the time comes :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
@Codycat91 The vee port does replace the factory, but I thought you had to unscrew the actual factory BOV with the two screws and take it from the stock air recirculation assembly then screw it onto the CPE. The vee port does the quarter turn and then locks down with a screwed bracket, like the original air recirc. No biggie, I would figure something out, just brainstorming.

·
Registered
390 Posts
@Codycat91 The vee port does replace the factory, but I thought you had to unscrew the actual factory BOV with the two screws and take it from the stock air recirculation assembly then screw it onto the CPE. The vee port does the quarter turn and then locks down with a screwed bracket, like the original air recirc. No biggie, I would figure something out, just brainstorming.
For the CPE correct. For full race, they make a factory-bov flange but not sure about how exactly the vee-port works

21 - 37 of 37 Posts