F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Kickers and the Metra Speaker Adaptors and I think the wires are crossed. There is a white with brown that is negative and the harness is positive? How can I tell I reversed the polarity and it made no difference. I find it hard to believe they crossed it up???

Can someone please verify it. Truck is a new 2013 with sony nav and subwoofer

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
from what I can tell there are reversed the colors with line are on the positive post of the plug in kit. Will it matter or do I need to cut off each one and crimp it the correct way> I could not tell a difference?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
You really need to check your spelling and grammar. I worked in electronics for 20+ years and have no idea what you are talking about.
I'd go to the dealer and ask for a wiring diagram for they area your are unsure of. In most cases they will print you out one.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You really need to check your spelling and grammar. I worked in electronics for 20+ years and have no idea what you are talking about.
I'd go to the dealer and ask for a wiring diagram for they area your are unsure of. In most cases they will print you out one.
His spelling is fine. No comment on punctuation or grammar. :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think he's referring to the sentence make up. It's confusing and sputtered out. I had to read it slowly and more than once to understand, and that is assuming you're not a wiz and know the wiring makeup already. :)
His spelling is fine. No comment on punctuation or grammar. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol sorry guys, it was late and I was having problems removing the door panels. Basically I got replacement kicker cs 6x8 speakers for my 2013 Ford fx4 Eco-boost. I bought the Metra Ford factory speaker kit so I would not have to cut off the factory plugs on the speakers. I had been browsing over the internet only after I ordered them and had seen some ranger guys saying the plugs from, metra were in fact crossed ( ie the polarity was crossed on the connector) I reversed it to what I i thought was the positive and the negative from the factory speakers.
I could tell no difference. I was trying to prevent from having to take off the door panels off again lol. Sorry I do know proper grammar and ENGRISH!! ha 10 million things were running in my head at once.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the Sony 10 speaker with nav. If the speakers are wired out of phase then I'll have to cut off the ends and put the wires correctly. I could never get a rock solid answer late last night.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Easiest will be to use a digital multimeter...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk now Free

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it me or is there just not a lot of information about the 2013? weird because i though ford really did not change anything from 09/10/11/12?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts