F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone installed tuned and got the results from the stage 5 turbos yet ?..I’m interested in the gen1 stuff. But gen2 would be relevant ..

at some point I’m leaning toward a built motor as I know if I installed the GT’s which can be enough to blow a stock motor if pushed too hard above 460rwhp I will want more power..

the stage 3 crp we’re going to be my choice ,until I saw the next stages,lol..

anyone run the stage 3 on a stock motor long term pushing the limits without making a bomb..

RMB said he blew a couple motors at just 475rwhp..(gt’s)

·
Registered
161 Posts
So has anyone installed tuned and got the results from the stage 5 turbos yet ?..I’m interested in the gen1 stuff. But gen2 would be relevant ..

at some point I’m leaning toward a built motor as I know if I installed the GT’s which can be enough to blow a stock motor if pushed too hard above 460rwhp I will want more power..

the stage 3 crp we’re going to be my choice ,until I saw the next stages,lol..

anyone run the stage 3 on a stock motor long term pushing the limits without making a bomb..

RMB said he blew a couple motors at just 475rwhp..(gt’s)
I have the gt’s pushing over 500whp and no issues yet and it got driven hard this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Over 500rwhp how much ? How many miles have you put on it..as I drive Easy ,other than freeways on ramps ,lol..
On my 2014 509whp on the last revision and 672 peak wheel torque. Put on probably 15,000 hard kms this summer or more with the gt’s. Still have more to go. Last year on oem turbos i made 436whp and 620 peak wheel Torque on heavy rims and tires
I have 130,000km on my truck so 81,000miles roughly if im doing my math right. I go for a few outings a week, track, street racing and cruise nights and knock on wood so far its been reliable as hell. Next spring we will push a little more out of it probably 530-540 on 93 octane. dont mind the dip at the end of the graph my water meth i ise for cooling was to much on the day we dynoed and i have to dial it back to smooth that out.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Torrie at unleashed Tuning. We will carry on with the tuning in the spring once its warm again.

Ditto. On both.

Right now, I am probably pushing 400-425RWHP based on my E21 Tunes. And I predict those numbers on a Mustang Dyno, not a Dynojet.

As I don't have E85 (actually E65) readily available in my town, and must buy when I go to the Coast to visit family, I tried to find the perfect mixture to control my knocking yet, not burn through a ton and constantly driving to the Coast to buy more. The day E85 is available locally, I will run pure E85 in a heart beat.

Right now, going from just "straight 94 (actual 91.1)" to E21, my spark advance went from around 4* to 11-13* with a noticeable increase in performance (I have some comparison runs at my "private road"), but using my datalog's timer, I will note the performance increase from my best 94 tune to my current tune. Just got to crunch the numbers.

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ditto. On both.

Right now, I am probably pushing 400-425RWHP based on my E21 Tunes. And I predict those numbers on a Mustang Dyno, not a Dynojet.

As I don't have E85 (actually E65) readily available in my town, and must buy when I go to the Coast to visit family, I tried to find the perfect mixture to control my knocking yet, not burn through a ton and constantly driving to the Coast to buy more. The day E85 is available locally, I will run pure E85 in a heart beat.

Right now, going from just "straight 94 (actual 91.1)" to E21, my spark advance went from around 4* to 11-13* with a noticeable increase in performance (I have some comparison runs at my "private road"), but using my datalog's timer, I will note the performance increase from my best 94 tune to my current tune. Just got to crunch the numbers.
I made 436 with oem turbos on a mustang dyno. Unfortunately i dont have a hpfp so ethanol is out of reach for me, Its a 7 hour return trip to get some e85 so ill keep running 93 which is probably less then that for octane.
I dont know how much more a factory motor can take and to be worth while i need to do injectors and a hpfp. Im really happy with how the truck works now

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
@Mikey_Ltd I hope it continues to hold together for you (as I do for myself).

Some motors are weaker than the norm and some are stronger than the norm; as are their components. A lot has to do with the way it is broken in and how it was run based on my 50+ years of playing (and abusing) motors. I learnt a long time ago how to beat on them, and still have them hold together for over 300,000kms (200,000miles).

My trip to get E85 is a 7 hour round trip, but I combine it with visiting family (which I would do anyways). I get as much as I legally can get (Federally the limit is high, but BC has a law that limits transporting to 150Kg (including container). That works out to just around 200Litres. I usually take no more than 150Litres, just to be safe - PLUS I now will have an empty tank, so I can fill up with pure E85(actual E65) ... now that both my pumps can handle it - I already ran approx E50 mixture and had no issues.

Using datalogs to compute the changes to my performance, from 20-100 (to eliminate the wheelspin when taking off in a dig and make them more comparative); I shaved 9/10ths off 20-100mph by just using E21 to eliminate my spark retard/knock. I now can run 11-13* spark advance in WOT, instead of only 4* with pure gas. Mind you our gas is really crappy. I suspect BC gets the gas that isn't even good enough for Alberta (j/k ... kinda).

If the station that now sells E85 (E65) starts expanding (they currently have one station in Aldergrove, and another in Nanaimo with a third planned for Abbotsford or Chilliwack) ... if they EVER put a station in Kamloops (there is a station already here they just don't have the tank for E85 yet) ... but if they do, I am switching to pure E85 (E65) and I'll get Torrie to return me at that time again.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I’m about 390- 420rwhp on OEM turbos on 93 depending on the tune I load..calling today about stage 5 I’ve not heard anything about them

·
Registered
161 Posts
@Mikey_Ltd I hope it continues to hold together for you (as I do for myself).

Some motors are weaker than the norm and some are stronger than the norm; as are their components. A lot has to do with the way it is broken in and how it was run based on my 50+ years of playing (and abusing) motors. I learnt a long time ago how to beat on them, and still have them hold together for over 300,000kms (200,000miles).

My trip to get E85 is a 7 hour round trip, but I combine it with visiting family (which I would do anyways). I get as much as I legally can get (Federally the limit is high, but BC has a law that limits transporting to 150Kg (including container). That works out to just around 200Litres. I usually take no more than 150Litres, just to be safe - PLUS I now will have an empty tank, so I can fill up with pure E85(actual E65) ... now that both my pumps can handle it - I already ran approx E50 mixture and had no issues.

Using datalogs to compute the changes to my performance, from 20-100 (to eliminate the wheelspin when taking off in a dig and make them more comparative); I shaved 9/10ths off 20-100mph by just using E21 to eliminate my spark retard/knock. I now can run 11-13* spark advance in WOT, instead of only 4* with pure gas. Mind you our gas is really crappy. I suspect BC gets the gas that isn't even good enough for Alberta (j/k ... kinda).

If the station that now sells E85 (E65) starts expanding (they currently have one station in Aldergrove, and another in Nanaimo with a third planned for Abbotsford or Chilliwack) ... if they EVER put a station in Kamloops (there is a station already here they just don't have the tank for E85 yet) ... but if they do, I am switching to pure E85 (E65) and I'll get Torrie to return me at that time again.
I want e85 here just so i can mix chevron 94 octane with 0% ethanol with it for. E8-e10 thats all im able to run with my current setup. Right now theres no point for me to do a hpfp unless im gonna do injectors as well

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
5Star just had an article on TFL truck where they made 699 RWHP on a stock motor, E85 with HPFP upgrade, Stage 5 Turbos, and the usual bolt ons.

·
Registered
161 Posts
5Star just had an article on TFL truck where they made 699 RWHP on a stock motor, E85 with HPFP upgrade, Stage 5 Turbos, and the usual bolt ons.
They like to fluff there dyncom (aka dynocon) numbers. Which is why there 1/4 mile time never even come close to there dyno power.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
SSi can make some stupid power too. Question is, how long until the block-window weight loss reduction plan takes effect...

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
SSi can make some stupid power too. Question is, how long until the block-window weight loss reduction plan takes effect...
There are numerous tuners who are making 600+ WHP on the stock 2018+ turbos with E85. I am not sure why its unrealistic to hit 699 whp with significantly larger turbos.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I’d be nervous to wring 700 HP out of the stock bottom end.
Playing the lottery at that point lol

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
I’d be nervous to wring 700 HP out of the stock bottom end.
I am sure 5Star wants to see how far they can push a stock motor. Once they go built then people might not be so willing to follow in their footsteps on their own personal trucks.

Reactions: GearHead_1

·
Modinstrator
2,870 Posts
@mass-hole

Very true. I think you and I view this in the same light.

I have no doubt that there is a Gen2 engine (bottom end) out there somewhere that could take 700 HP thrown at for quite some time and keep churning. Then there’s the what should be the same Gen 2 engine under someone else’s hood that would throw in the towel with an honest 500 HP thrown at it. It’s one of those things that on some particular day in the calendar year when all the stars were in alignment that engine was built.

So then you have a builder/vendor that advertises they put this or that together and got those kind of results, people’s interests are naturally peaked. So they start duplicating what the company has advertised and 80% of the people that duplicate it, lose in a big way before hitting those numbers.

It’s the old adage of, “just because you can doesn’t mean you should”, though I very much enjoy following these type of experiments.

At the end of the day the closest thing you can get to a guarantee when looking for these kind of numbers and it is no guarantee is to buy the best parts available and either know your stuff or pay someone that knows their stuff to build it. At that point and you’ve done about all you can do.

Now watch, someone will come back and remind me that these engines will take 500 HP everyday of the week without any need to fret. :p

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
I want to remind you that these engines will take 500 HP everyday of the week without any need to fret

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 94 Posts