F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
That's kind of funny because as much as I am a fan of this motor, I think the oem pistons are a crapshoot. Lol

You might get 6 that can take that 500 all day for years. But you just might get another truck with ONE piston that cries for mercy at 450. (Or less)

Kinda sucks since the block/crank/rods are really pretty stout for cheap mass produced American stuff. But dang that's an average piece of cast on top for such a violent combustion chamber.

(I'm a tape recorder, sorry. But thanks for teeing it up! I can always count on you)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Modinstrator
2,863 Posts
I was thinking about your previous thoughts when I was typing the part about getting lucky and having one stay together for a while at 700. It’s true, you just never know and there is no way to predict it.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
5Star just had an article on TFL truck where they made 699 RWHP on a stock motor, E85 with HPFP upgrade, Stage 5 Turbos, and the usual bolt ons.
What motor ? Was it I doubt it was a gen 1 ?
plus there’s no way in hell it’s going to stay together unless it’s a HO MOTOR which it most likely was..Although I read that the internals on the HO is the same as the normal Motor & the gen2 has a better block I guess but internally it’s the same so unless I’m wrong how are they able to do this ?

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
My motor will attest to this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RMB SAID that they won’t do it for long ? They blow up at 475rwhp which is over 500 HP
& that 460rwhp is the safe point ?
I had a long conversation with him..itts why I’ve not pushed the point once I hit the 400 mark I didn’t really see the point in spending 4K to build a bomb...although that little voice keeps calling out to me..
RMB said that sure there’s are guys who have gotten lucky and been able to go to 500rwhp and not blow up yet heck even those who made 600rwhp drove it for a month then took it apart..I’ve seen guys make 1000hp on a junk yard LS MOTOR but it didn’t live too long...

I think we need RMB to chime in here

·
Registered
161 Posts
plus there’s no way in hell it’s going to stay together unless it’s a HO MOTOR which it most likely was..Although I read that the internals on the HO is the same as the normal Motor & the gen2 has a better block I guess but internally it’s the same so unless I’m wrong how are they able to do this ?
They aren’t making 699whp. 5star is notorious for selling dyno sheets of big power. There 1/4 mile times never reflect what they advertise. I bet on a proper dyno that truck makes just over 600 if that and would bet the 1/4 mile times reflect it. You dont have that kinda power and dont set records

·
Registered
161 Posts
RMB SAID that they won’t do it for long ? They blow up at 475rwhp which is over 500 HP
& that 460rwhp is the safe point ?
I had a long conversation with him..itt to s why I’ve not pushed the point once I hit the 400 mark I didn’t really see the point in spending 4K to build a bomb...although that little voice keeps calling out to me..
I rAn it hard the last couple years at 420-440 and 620whtrq peak. Its been holding on strong. I drove it extra hard this year with all the tuning and dragy passes, cruise nights. The empty pails of meth in my garage let me know how hard i drove it. Im not saying its gonna last at over 500whp im at this year but man is it fun. Ive hurt a fair amount of feelings from a stop and a roll.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
They aren’t making 699whp. 5star is notorious for selling dyno sheets of big power. There 1/4 mile times never reflect what they advertise. I bet on a proper dyno that truck makes just over 600 if that and would bet the 1/4 mile times reflect it. You dont have that kinda power and dont set records

Yeah that makes sense but you’d at least think a truck magazine would verify their claims before they print it..

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Its on the Gen 2 what looks like an XLT, so not at HO. And I wasn't aware of any stage 5 turbos being made for the Gen 1. To my knowledge, 42mm is about as big as you can fit into the gen 1 housing before you machine the whole thing away.

The 2018+ turbos likely have more meat on them allowing for more compressor to get shoved in there. Maybe they are building some kind of hybrid.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah that makes sense but you’d at least think a truck magazine would verify their claims before they print it..
Thats the problem tfl are reviewers and testers. Dont get me wrong i love what they do and it was very smart for 5star to get them on board because from what i see it’s paying off huge in their volume of work.
For most truck magazines they will probably print it as well because it will sell regardless if it’s accurate it will only fall back on 5star. There last truck that was making more power then The rest at the time ran a 11.5x while there dyno showed a record set of numbers.
I mean if they go out and set a record and it reflects there dyno run ill eat my words. But with there track record it wont happen i bet.
I mean im not a fan of 5star to be honest which is why there tunes will never see my truck

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I did some checking around and they did like 560rwhp on 93 with the stage5 the 700rwhp was on e85..CR TOLD ME THAT their stage5 turbos in our modified stock housings iwill support 800HP...if true which CR seems to of backed up everything they have said so far...RBM said the same thing..which is crazy considering how small our housings are,lol..that EFR Territory.. lol sounds like it’s a lot cheaper than a redeye! lol..although it’s not going to handle quite as good,..lol

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I did some checking around and they did like 560rwhp on 93 with the stage5 the 700rwhp was on e85..CR TOLD ME THAT their stage5 turbos in our modified stock housings iwill support 800HP...if true which CR seems to of backed up everything they have said so far...RBM said the same thing..which is crazy considering how small our housings are,lol..that EFR Territory.. lol sounds like it’s a lot cheaper than a redeye! lol..although it’s not going to handle quite as good,..lol
The 41mm stock 2018 turbos are hitting 600 RWHP on E85. Woot692 hit ~625 i think on his CRP 42mm turbos? This is why I don't understand how people can't believe 699 would not be possible on turbos with 46mm compressors and larger turbines. 4mm doesnt sound like much, but its the area of the compressor that matters. Its a square of the radius. The 46's should flow ~25% more than the 2018 turbos.

Maybe 5star is fluffing the numbers, but I do not think they are unrealistic.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The 41mm stock 2018 turbos are hitting 600 RWHP on E85. Woot692 hit ~625 i think on his CRP 42mm turbos? This is why I don't understand how people can't believe 699 would not be possible on turbos with 46mm compressors and larger turbines. 4mm doesnt sound like much, but its the area of the compressor that matters. Its a square of the radius. The 46's should flow ~25% more than the 2018 turbos.

Yeah I believe it after reading CR info and videos,..

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Those

are those numbers on stock motors!? As I thought the gen 1 and gen 2 were the same internally,as far as rods and pistons ,and the HO wasn’t any stronger either..
just gen2 had a better block..also RMB told me the gen1 was better to build than the gen2 can’t recall why though ..

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts

I don't think that it is impossible, but you are starting to get into serious back-pressure territory. To be able to get 600whp out of 2018+ turbos, they are being pushed hard. I can hit 64#/min, but at 30psi...

I can't wait to see how these things hold out long term, pretty cool to see. I think @CRP Engineering mentioned they are working on Stage 4 and 5 Turbo's for the Gen1.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I don't think that it is impossible, but you are starting to get into serious back-pressure territory. To be able to get 600whp out of 2018+ turbos, they are being pushed hard. I can hit 64#/min, but at 30psi...

I can't wait to see how these things hold out long term, pretty cool to see. I think @CRP Engineering mentioned they are working on Stage 4 and 5 Turbo's for the Gen1.
The stage 5's have a larger turbine and that is what was on this 5Star truck. CRP made their own +5mm turbine. Between the larger compressor and turbine I would guess these stage 5's can do the same power as the 2018 turbos with less boost.

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
DOes anyone know the details on the fullrace top mount kit? How are the coolant and oil lines extended? Can you still change plugs and valve cover etc with them on? Does the stock downpipe still work or does it require custom exhaust?

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
DOes anyone know the details on the fullrace top mount kit? How are the coolant and oil lines extended? Can you still change plugs and valve cover etc with them on? Does the stock downpipe still work or does it require custom exhaust?
I want to remind you that these engines will take 500 HP everyday of the week without any need to fret

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Where you implying 500hp or 500rwhp ? The first I agree but the builders seem to disagree with the second long term ?

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I’m starting to wonder if the base EFR’s are worth the 11-13k for the kit now ? As most of Arent going to want or honestly be able to use 1000hp built motor or not..
But 600rwhp to 700rwhp heck yeah
And that’s already at the 62’s EFR’s range on the as they say 750hp and obviously 700rwhp is past that..
And I’ve not seen a stage 5 on a built motor yet..
Wasnt 600rwhp the max on the GT’s too ?
I’d think I’d rather put the money the EFR’s cost into a motor and do stage5 or GT’s

21 - 40 of 94 Posts