F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
You should take my comment with a grain of salt, or tongue and cheak, or as outright tomfoolery at times.

In this case, I was messing with a dear Ole man that tempted me. Irresistibly so.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: GearHead_1

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
I’m starting to wonder if the base EFR’s are worth the 11-13k for the kit now ? As most of Arent going to want or honestly be able to use 1000hp built motor or not..
But 600rwhp to 700rwhp heck yeah
And that’s already at the 62’s EFR’s range on the as they say 750hp and obviously 700rwhp is past that..
And I’ve not seen a stage 5 on a built motor yet..
Wasnt 600rwhp the max on the GT’s too ?
I’d think I’d rather put the money the EFR’s cost into a motor and do stage5 or GT’s
The highest HP I've seen on GT's is 530whp. This is with Meth and a hot, tune on a tremor with 28's.
IMO, the top mounts are looking less desirable for sure now. There are some pretty nice stock location options now AND on the horizon.

Personally, I am seriously thinking about the Garrett's coming out for stock location. The problem is that it's not cheap to step up the HP from where I am now.
Turbos = Price unknown (gonna guess $3500)
50% DI Injectors = $2000
Full Bore stock location manifolds = Price unknown (Gonna guess $500)
Catless DP's = ~$1000

That's a easy $7k without thinking about consumables. That's 10 large for me as a Canuck. BUT, I could see a pretty stable and easy 700whp.

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
If you spend $7k more on that perfectly built truck of yours....... I might have to let you stay in a spare room in Texas? (wife)

And even if you sell her on it, that just means you have to spend another $7k on her somewhere?

That's $14k
A nicely stock low mileage Gen2 is in reach for that. :)

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The highest HP I've seen on GT's is 530whp. This is with Meth and a hot, tune on a tremor with 28's.
IMO, the top mounts are looking less desirable for sure now. There are some pretty nice stock location options now AND on the horizon.

Personally, I am seriously thinking about the Garrett's coming out for stock location. The problem is that it's not cheap to step up the HP from where I am now.
Turbos = Price unknown (gonna guess $3500)
50% DI Injectors = $2000
Full Bore stock location manifolds = Price unknown (Gonna guess $500)
Catless DP's = ~$1000

That's a easy $7k without thinking about consumables. That's 10 large for me as a Canuck. BUT, I could see a pretty stable and easy 700whp.
Ouch lol. Precision is meant to be coming out with a set of stock location turbos as well but see our stage five are able to make 800 hp guaranteed he told me maybe more but at least 800 hp

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
heck aren’t stock turbos making 500rwhp nowadays too,? What the most made on stock turbos Now between gen 1 and gen2 ? Or was it 420rwhp for gen1 and 500hp for gen2 HO
just too much to keep up with today, it’s becoming a full times job , lol..

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
heck aren’t stock turbos making 500rwhp nowadays too,? What the most made on stock turbos Now between gen 1 and gen2 ? Or was it 420rwhp for gen1 and 500hp for gen2 HO
just too much to keep up with today, it’s becoming a full times job , lol..
On pump gas with bolton's yeah, around 500 rwhp. With E85 some have seen up around 600 rwhp since I believe they can run the timing at MBT

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
Ouch lol. Precision is meant to be coming out with a set of stock location turbos as well but see our stage five are able to make 800 hp guaranteed he told me maybe more but at least 800 hp
To make any power north of 550whp, you have to upgrade injectors on the Gen 1's. I will watch for the Precision turbos, but don't think they will be much cheaper, if at all.

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
If you spend $7k more on that perfectly built truck of yours....... I might have to let you stay in a spare room in Texas? (wife)

And even if you sell her on it, that just means you have to spend another $7k on her somewhere?

That's $14k
A nicely stock low mileage Gen2 is in reach for that. :)

Nah, as long as I plan and save for it, it's fine. I will however need to do some side jobs to offset the cost.

A nice stock low mileage Gen2 isn't going to be making 700whp. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
To make any power north of 550whp, you have to upgrade injectors on the Gen 1's. I will watch for the Precision turbos, but don't think they will be much cheaper, if at all.
Yeah, trying to use the Stage 5’s on a Gen 1 is gunna send you down a rabbit hole.

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
Nobody goes to jail for having 2 trucks.
Theory is, the second truck doubles the lifespan of both.

And, of course, they can actually be completely different missions. Work/play. DD/toy. Meticulously-clean/beater Cuz it came that way...

You get the idea.

It's just a thought. And it's probably best to ignore these kind of ramblings.

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
Nobody goes to jail for having 2 trucks.
Theory is, the second truck doubles the lifespan of both.

And, of course, they can actually be completely different missions. Work/play. DD/toy. Meticulously-clean/beater Cuz it came that way...

You get the idea.

It's just a thought. And it's probably best to ignore these kind of ramblings.

Don't worry, I've thought about it as well. I've also though of buying something I can beat off-road and then get this truck into more of a "street" form.

I'm always open to opportunities that come up. You never know what can happen.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
41 - 60 of 94 Posts