·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
Fueling support. Need to consider the following on a Gen1
  • XDI HPFP
  • Bigger Injectors
  • In-tank pump upgrade
Oh yeah but really that’s pretty much normal with any build once you get past a certain power range ..although the HPFP is additional expense you don’t normally have with port fuel Injection.,
just have to make sure they don’t get turned up too high although the stage3 or 4 is a better choice for a stock truck and I hope I don’t loose too much low end If any.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Any guidance anyone has would be Appreciated ..one good thing is the install will be a heck of a lot easier being I don’t have strut towers in front of the turbos ..I may try to install them myself with the help of my son,so if any one has a complete list of the tools needed that would help..CR SAID it won’t be till next ya till I can get the parts as the manifolds are out of stock..

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
100% if your doing stage 5’s your gonna want all of these things boosted listed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly which ones..

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
yeah the amount of money it costs pulling the heads to stud the block I might as well invest it in a motor ,I’m not going to even think about MBT on stage5 without a built motor I’d just be building a bomb and wasting a good Low mileage motor..I’m thinking down the road with stage5 and building the supporting power and mods for a built motor, instead of buying turbos twice..although stage3 probably would perform better in the short term..
id like to see all 3 stages over lapped on a dyno sheet on both gen1 and gen2 to give everyone a true assessment as well as data from SCT ..

·
Registered
5,637 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
I saw that.
Regardless of the reason that the marketing-speak doesn't treat the 2 applications as different, you must know that they are.

Kinda injures the credibility though.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Interesting, they are saying the same whp target as the stage 5 turbos for the Gen 2 version.

I always believed the main difference between in outcome of power was turbos, i said that from the first dyno graph i seen that was above a gen1. I make more power on gt’s at 53lb a minute and 13 degrees of timing then gen at 2 @58lbs a minute and 3-4 more degrees of timing. I make a whopping 7hp more with my gen1 on the same dyno. Given that info I beleive we make more on less lb/min and timing then a gen2 with our gen1’s

With proper fuelling I beleive there ratings are correct from what im seeing here locally

Now if we just had a better option then 2k for injectors

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Honestly, the Stage 4’s seem like the golden ticket to me. 42mm compressor with a freer flowing turbine.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
100% if your doing stage 5’s your gonna want all of these things boosted listed

Who’s producing the best injectors ,? what sizes work best ,? I know how to size injectors for port fuel injected engines ,never dealt with direct injection other than simple Diesel repair which I always hated the smell.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Who’s producing the best injectors ,? what sizes work best ,? I know how to size injectors for port fuel injected engines ,never dealt with direct injection other than simple Diesel repair which I always hated the smell.
I have no idea. Im at the point i need a hpfp and injectors. I probably have another 30ish whp I can go over my 509 i made but thats it. Now its a good chunk of money for me to go further then that $2000 for xdi 50% injectors and $2500 for a xdi hpfp 60%.

Im not sure who currently has the best injectors for us or maybe if more are coming but maybe @Blown F-150 ; has a idea.

Im surprised no one has made a injector plate or something similar for our trucks. Might sound stupid but ive been curious if you could spray e85 through a pro meth water injection setup with them in each runner, just something i was thinking the other day.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
The deatchwerks injectors are like $950 for a set of 6 i am pretty sure

·
Registered
5,637 Posts

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Reactions: Mikey_Ltd

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
I always believed the main difference between in outcome of power was turbos, i said that from the first dyno graph i seen that was above a gen1. I make more power on gt’s at 53lb a minute and 13 degrees of timing then gen at 2 @58lbs a minute and 3-4 more degrees of timing. I make a whopping 7hp more with my gen1 on the same dyno. Given that info I beleive we make more on less lb/min and timing then a gen2 with our gen1’s

With proper fuelling I beleive there ratings are correct from what im seeing here locally

Now if we just had a better option then 2k for injectors

Are they running less timing because if the PFI? Since they PFI is only handling some fraction of the fuel load, that would mean the cylinders are very lean until the DI kicks in.

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
I'm not gonna sway anybody, but the DW injectors do not have the best track record (I'm not just referencing this platform). I'm personally only going to go with XDI, if I do them. I'm pretty sure by looking at the XDI's, that they are a Denso OEM based injector.

EDIT - The XDI's are a Bosch based injector.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts