F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today while driving home at highway speeds, I tried turning my cruise control on and the light would not illuminate nor let me set the cruise control.

2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost Platinum. 60K Miles
The horn and all of the other buttons work making me think that the clockspring is still functioning just fine.
Out of other ideas....

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I have not heard of this ever (55 views and no response tells me I am not alone). My guess would be a fuse or relay. Ford had issues (read recalls) in the 97+ version trucks due to cruise controls. I am sure they have some way to cut the power on the cruise, but I don't see anything about it in the manual. The closest fuses might be 23 & 24 "Steering wheel control module", but that could be something else entirely. I bet one of the PCM relays under the hood has something to do with it, but no mention in the book.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check your third brake light bulb and make sure that it is functioning. Some cruise control systems are grounded through that bulb circuit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Check your third brake light bulb and make sure that it is functioning. Some cruise control systems are grounded through that bulb circuit.

Wouldn't that be something... but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case either.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I'll check that tomorrow and report back...
Welcome to the forum, cooker; thanks for offering to keep us all posted. It sounds like you're going to try to track down this issue yourself, but if you run into any difficulties, you can always swing by your local Ford Dealership. If that's something you decide to do, let me know; I'll be happy to do what I can to assist as well.

Crystal

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Checked the 3rd brake light bulb and it was working fine. I replaced the bulb just in case and still no cruise control.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
There is no clockspring on these trucks. I believe that the turn signals use a steering position signal to know where to turn off. Actually kind of annoying coming from other cars learning how to and when to turn on/off the signal when turning.

I second the third brake light circuit as they tend to take on water from the factory. I ran a thin bead of silicone around the housing when I swapped my third brake light out for LED bulbs and nipped the leak issue in the butt before it happened.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
There is no clockspring on these trucks. I believe that the turn signals use a steering position signal to know where to turn off. Actually kind of annoying coming from other cars learning how to and when to turn on/off the signal when turning.

I second the third brake light circuit as they tend to take on water from the factory. I ran a thin bead of silicone around the housing when I swapped my third brake light out for LED bulbs and nipped the leak issue in the butt before it happened.

You're wrong as my clock spring blew apart when I was changing my steering wheel from the crappy one to a leather one. Was 45 minutes of pain trying to figure out how to re-route the ribbon wiring back into the housing.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Ebrake not down. Still not functioning...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
You say the light isn't coming on. Mine works properly so I figured I would try a couple of things for you...

I press cruise button with ebrake down, light still comes on
I press cruise button while pushing on brake pedal, light still comes on

My guess is there's something wrong in the steering wheel, or possibly cruise control module, or maybe just a bad switch or sensor somewhere. Could always try a KAM reset?

Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK I have a issue with my CC. Currently will not turn on. It would turn on after hitting the button a lot and it would finally come on but now it will not come on. I replaced the break switch, and controls on the left of the steering wheel. All break lights work. Its kinda strange because it would sometimes come on. Normally something fails it fails all the way. anything else to check before I replace the clock spring.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK I have a issue with my CC. Currently will not turn on. It would turn on after hitting the button a lot and it would finally come on but now it will not come on. I replaced the break switch, and controls on the left of the steering wheel. All break lights work. Its kinda strange because it would sometimes come on. Normally something fails it fails all the way. anything else to check before I replace the clock spring.
Did you ever figure it out? I am having the same problems...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
qdog69
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing