F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Customer Satisfaction Program 19N01Certain 2011 - 2013 Model Year F-150 and 2012- 2013 Model Year Expedition/Navigator Vehicles Equipped With A 6R80 Transmission
Transmission Molded Leadframe Extended Coverage
PROGRAM TERMS
This program extends the warranty coverage of the automatic transmission molded leadframe to 10 years of service or 150,000 miles from the warranty start date of the vehicle, whichever occurs first.
This is a one-time repair program.
If a vehicle has already exceeded either the time or the mileage limits, this extended warranty coverage will last through October 31, 2019.
Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners.
VEHICLES COVERED BY THIS PROGRAM
Vehicle
Model Year
Assembly Plant
Build Dates
F-150
2011-2013
Dearborn
April 28, 2010 through October 28, 2013
Kansas City
May 18, 2010 through November 18, 2013
Expedition/Navigator
2012-2013
Kentucky Truck
April 11, 2011 through August 19, 2013
this just hit last night for you 2011-2013 guys

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does this say whether the issue has to be observed by the dealer or as long as youve experienced the issue in the past then they will replace it?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does this say whether the issue has to be observed by the dealer or as long as youve experienced the issue in the past then they will replace it?
your truck has to have stored codes

If an affected vehicle exhibits an illuminated malfunction indicator light (MIL) and/or wrench light in the instrument cluster with diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P0720, P0722, P0731 and/or P1500 stored in the PCM, dealers are to replace the molded leadframe.

·
Administrator
4,080 Posts
Awesome information DJ. I wasn't aware that a Customer Satisfaction Program even existed.
Sure would be nice if Ford would offer a CSP for the entire timing chain/phaser repair since it doesn't effectively qualify for the criteria laid out to issue a Safety Recall. ;)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome information DJ. I wasn't aware that a Customer Satisfaction Program even existed.
Sure would be nice if Ford would offer a CSP for the entire timing chain/phaser repair since it doesn't effectively qualify for the criteria laid out to issue a Safety Recall. ;)
yep, all a CSP means is extended coverage usually

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
yep, all a CSP means is extended coverage usually
This is fantastic. So when my lead frame fails while I'm towing my 7000lb brick at 65 MPG and we all die from the semi that rear ended us, my next of kin will be able to have the lead frame replaced on a totaled truck.

Now that's customer service!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is fantastic. So when my lead frame fails while I'm towing my 7000lb brick at 65 MPG and we all die from the semi that rear ended us, my next of kin will be able to have the lead frame replaced on a totaled truck.

Now that's customer service!
if you had the recall done, that should prevent the sudden downshift

·
Registered
2013 Screw XTR BCB Tuned
839 Posts
Yeah, only us 2013 owners should be clenching buttcheeks still. 11-12 has a fix available already.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
My understanding is the new programming just allows for more misreads/nonreads from the sensor before making the decision to downshift. Are you saying if the sensor no longer works, the new program can distinguish a failed sensor vs. just being at a stop?

·
Premium Member
6,249 Posts
If you combine both the software patch AND the extended coverage together, and I think that's not a stretch, Ford is addressing this issue.
While it took them long enough, I commend them for stepping up.

I'm not painting them as saints. It took a lot of unhappy customers to get this far, but it's a solution that IS customer beneficial.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My understanding is the new programming just allows for more misreads/nonreads from the sensor before making the decision to downshift. Are you saying if the sensor no longer works, the new program can distinguish a failed sensor vs. just being at a stop?
correct

·
Administrator
4,080 Posts
If you combine both the software patch AND the extended coverage together, and I think that's not a stretch, Ford is addressing this issue.

I'm not painting them as saints. It took a lot of unhappy customers to get this far, but it's a solution that IS customer beneficial.

This is the most current picture of @snakebitten that I can find!!!! But he looks exactly like this EVERY day. :)

·
Registered
2013 Screw XTR BCB Tuned
839 Posts

And this would be a correct take on the subject. I'd rather they did something like this than acting like it's not happening at all. This is a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Then yes, I agree Ford did step up to the plate here. This was the missing component for those that have had the issue - replace the part if the codes show it failed. I'll have to get my truck in sooner than later.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This actually happened to me this morning, I got the yellow wrench, truck missed out, then odometer went to 0. I am checking with the dealer now to make sure I can get this to be warranty fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got this recall notice three days after changing my transmission. I had gotten the recall and fluid change my transmission started to slip and I got the orange wrench light and codes for the output speed sensor. Now I'm down $3,400. I'll call Ford tomorrow but I'm sure they will reimburse me $0. Too little too late because I handled it on my own.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
this just hit last night for you 2011-2013 guys
Just got my Canadian notice today, truck was built in March 2013.
Says it's good for 10 years or 240k Kms (whichever comes first). If vehicle has already exceeded mileage limitation, then it's good until November 30, 2019.
Also waiting on the follow up recall notice for the 1st gear downshift issue.

I've had NO issues so far. Just under 110k Kms on truck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts