F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a CTS insight just to keep an eye on tunes, was wondering if anyone has attempted to mount the rearview camera in the front and keep it on a switch so if you ever need you can just turn it on and bam see whats at your front bumper!? If not I may order one up and see if I can make it work along with a write up!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I would be interested in reading that write up if you get around to it.

My wife's car has the front camera, when we bought it I thought it would be useless.

Honestly I use it a good bit, would be a nice addition to the truck as there is a much larger blind spot in front than my wife's car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same thing..
There's been times where I was pulling out of parking space and wanted to see if there was one of those big curbs or something..

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good I'll order the camera tomorrow, just wondering be better to hide it in the grill or just put it as the license plate boarder? It comes like that I do believe!

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be aware it might take some time for me to get the camera, I live in rural Canada, takes me a while to get parts :/

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I was talking with edge and they said you can use the camera at anytime, I have one ordered I'll let you know how it goes!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Any news yet?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So im way to cheap to buy Edges rearview camera so I picked this up from amazon.ca I'm sure you Americans can get a even cheaper one!
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B006CFXQFS/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You will need a camera like this and a toggle switch to turn power on and off when you want to use the camera.

I ran the cable through the fire wall and away from the hot engine, waiting for my toggle switch to so I can turn it on at will and connected it to a 10 amp fuse very simple plug and play if you need help just ask! I put a white piece of plastic around the camera so you can see it in the picture! I drilled two holes one on either side of my camera and tie-wraped my camera down so it wont move, and reinforced it with super glue so we shall see how it holds! The picture that looks like it nothing is me standing In front of my truck comparing that view to the camera! Also have the issue of reversed picture ill need to splice my AV cable into opposite polarity

Attachments

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Very very cool. Nice write up too. My favorite part of this whole thing is your garage door I think!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts