F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Vendor
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a UPR Customer Thread,

Just a quick post to give all our customers asking you to post pictures of your UPR Catch Can Installs on your F150's. You can put up your ride and
include yourself if possible so you can show off your setup to other Forum Enthusiasts. From the UPR Original Catch Can to the Single Valve, Dual
Valve and MEGA Catch can's. Share as many as possible, we are going to be running giveaways next year and automatically the members that share
and post in this thread will eligible and remain on the cutting edge of our systems.

Thank You - to all the UPR Enthusiasts and Dealers for a Great Year !

Happy Holidays from the team at UPR.

·
Administrator
7,836 Posts
Update: first picture is in a 16.9 Oz bottle after 250 miles (as seen on Stage 3's fbook page).

Second picture is in a 32 Oz Gatorade bottle after 650 miles.

Both with the UPR mega can

Sent from mobile using tapatalk

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,836 Posts
I don't have any install pictures, but here is what I drained out after a 400 mile trip...

Looks a little cleaner than the crap I'm getting out of my can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like.the set up. I work on Evinrude Outboards not Fords and I normally have a shop perform all my work. But I decided to give this a try and it's very easy to install. Only thing that did not work was the relocation of the air temp sensor. It did not reach the lower mounting holes. I just installed a tie stap and located it off the wire harness. I am still not a believer that the ecoboost needs this. If it did I would think the factory would install it. I think it's for very specific areas and uses where it's needed. However I am into this truck for 7 years at least. My last yard truck a Dodge 3500 lasted me 15 years. I am hoping this V6 gives me the same life. Anyone looking for a catch can that is 100% plug and play this is the kit to get.

·
Administrator
7,836 Posts
I like.the set up. I work on Evinrude Outboards not Fords and I normally have a shop perform all my work. But I decided to give this a try and it's very easy to install. Only thing that did not work was the relocation of the air temp sensor. It did not reach the lower mounting holes. I just installed a tie stap and located it off the wire harness. I am still not a believer that the ecoboost needs this. If it did I would think the factory would install it. I think it's for very specific areas and uses where it's needed. However I am into this truck for 7 years at least. My last yard truck a Dodge 3500 lasted me 15 years. I am hoping this V6 gives me the same life. Anyone looking for a catch can that is 100% plug and play this is the kit to get.
As stated in a few other threads, FoMoCo will NOT install these due to the maintenance of it. When I say that, I mean it must be emptied every so often. People forget to change their oil...that boggles my mind.

·
Registered
311 Posts

Same issue here, Same solution...

Pics are coming, just wating for the weather to cooperate

·
Administrator
7,836 Posts
Same issue here, Same solution...

Pics are coming, just wating for the weather to cooperate
When i first installed (barring my cube lights in the grill), I just cut a slit out of the electrical tape and it was then able to reach the relocation point.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Finally got to the install and finished it. Removed the inlet to the passenger side to do the drill and tap. Sealed both threads on the air box and inlet pipe with RTV rather than pipe tape. I went with the UPR routing to the drivers side. Barely enough room to run 2 hoses through the passenger side let alone 3. I shortened the hose from the drivers to passenger side by about 8-10" just seemed too long. I may yet shorten up the passenger side hoses by about 3-5" one day when it is warmer. I installed a 3.5" drop bracket (2" would be more than enough) because it's what I had at home. I didn't like the way the hoses sat against the grill support that's why I put the drop in. Overall a great product and install. Already tested and checked the operation and it is working as it should. Quite stinky in the can after only 15 minutes of running.

You will need an 1/8 and 1/4 NPT pipe tap to install the hose barbs. (I'm sure you could use the threads of the barbs to cut the plastic but I didn't want to chance cracking my inlet pipe.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Winchested was it hard to remove the inlet pipe?? Do u need to do that or can u tap into without removing it? I'm installing the WOT evacuation kit this weekend already have my dual valve CC and I love it!!

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
I would remove it especially in a cold climate. I saw a picture of one guy that destroyed his trying to do it in the truck. Undo upper clamp and pop that end out. Lower clamp at the turbo can be reached with a 1/4" drive long reach driver or ratchet with a 5/16" socket. If you look at the turbo through the wheel well you will see it. Loosen it off take of the recirculation hose from the Box if you have an 11/12 and the vacuum port halfway up. You pull up toward the rear of truck as it has a pop with grommet under the recirculation barb.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts