F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After looking around for an intercooler and debating on which to put in, I settled on the Titan.

So far I am impressed. After it was put in I took it for a shakedown. Two quick 140 KMPH blasts only saw the CAC temp come up to 93 degrees. IAT2's were 126. The CAC dropped to 86 ish PDQ. A definite improvement from stock. I am going to continue to monitor the temps throughout the summer but from what I have seen so far I am going to be a happy camper.
With the Unleashed E-40 tune in, I hit 18.5 max psi with the n-gauge showing high 17's throughout (from the peeks I was making at the gauge) so no boost loss.

The install was straightforward. 3 hoseclamps, disconnect the BOV (didn't forget the sensor plug), 2 bolts, a bit of wiggling and it popped off. Install was about an hour and a half with a portion of that being jack stand positioning. Really simple. And with about 25K, there was zero gunk in the old one.
The comparison in weight was what got me. The stock one is roughly half the weight. I would be guessing it is due to the quality difference. The Titan sure is well made.

In comparison regarding size, the Titan is 20.5 x 9 x 4.5 in. = 830.25 cu.in.
The stocker was 19.25 x 9 x 3.25 in. = 563 cu. in.
That is for the fin area. Approximate measurements.

Overall I am glad I went the Titan. The price was great, the unit is quality, and the customer service was outstanding. Jason was a pleasure to deal with and he certainly cares about the customer.
I highly recommend considering the Titan if anyone is looking to upgrade.
https://www.cvfab.com/products/cvf-titan-intercooler-2015-f-150-raptor-2-7l-3-5l-ecoboost

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Are you guys going to put anything out for the 2011-2014's??

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Are you going with the stock location or up high on the radiator?

·
Vendor
35 Posts
Holiday discount is live! 10% off any CVF products (including pre-orders) through 12-25. Use code HOLIDAY10 at checkout and feel free to reach out via PM if you've got any questions. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts