F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm experiencing the hesitation issue that's been seen so many times in this and other forums.

I hooked the truck (2011 SCrew) up to my code reader and it said there was a misfire on Cylinder 3.

This may be a stupid question, but how are the cylinders ordered on the 3.5? I've been Googling it all afternoon with no luck. :confused:

·
Registered
608 Posts
2011-2014 3.5L EcoBoost Cylinder Number and Firing Order

Did my plugs the other day since I had a misfire on cylinder 1, turns out the coil was bad too. Could not for the life of my figure out which cylinder was which. Went to the local AutoZone and pulled out the Haynes manual. Figured this was of some help.

IMG_20141111_194214edit.jpg

Reactions: noodles

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Hi, I'm experiencing the hesitation issue that's been seen so many times in this and other forums.

I hooked the truck (2011 SCrew) up to my code reader and it said there was a misfire on Cylinder 3.

This may be a stupid question, but how are the cylinders ordered on the 3.5? I've been Googling it all afternoon with no luck. :confused:

I read somewhere that it is passenger side front to back 123, and driver side front to back 456.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Reactions: scap99

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had the same thing happened to me so I did some research before buying a coil pack and found out the spark plugs porslin can get a crack in it so I took the #3 plug out and what do you know there's a 1/2 inch crack in it.

·
Vendor
7,486 Posts
Just had the same thing happened to me so I did some research before buying a coil pack and found out the spark plugs porslin can get a crack in it so I took the #3 plug out and what do you know there's a 1/2 inch crack in it.
Yes they do. IMG_4377.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Reactions: RMB_Ryan

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Reactions: mwemaxxowner

·
Banned
508 Posts
Keep in mind that spark plugs are a big deal on these 3.5 ecos. Change interval is every 20k miles, use motorcraft sp534 plugs and gap to .030.
You may ask why change so often. Purely due to the intercooler building condensate and forced through spark plugs blowing them out. The fix is the 1/16" weep hole in the intercooler. This will help get the most out of the life of the engine.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
So, is the 3.5 a odd or even fire engine? Always wondered. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts

Did my plugs the other day since I had a misfire on cylinder 1, turns out the coil was bad too. Could not for the life of my figure out which cylinder was which. Went to the local AutoZone and pulled out the Haynes manual. Figured this was of some help.

View attachment 25710

View attachment 25710
Will this work on 2013 ford explorer sport 3.5l as well?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts