F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with oiling down the underneath of there trucks themselves. I just got my truck this past weekend and I'm determined to keep it from rotting away. My last truck I had rustproof ed every year from dealer but it still got rot in cab corners, it was a 05, with 53,000 miles. I'm wondering if I should buy cans of undercoating and then have the oil applied after?

·
Registered
25 Posts
For what it costs, have it professionally done. I got my 2004 Explorer oiled every year for $80/yr and it is rust free. I just traded it in on a 2011 FX4 SCREW which is being delivered to me today!

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I did the rear fender wells with rattle can undercoating the first week I had mine primarily for protection against rocks, gravel, chips etc. It turned 1 year old last month and the stuff is still stuck firmly in place. Don't know if I would do the whole thing myself but I've heard there can be moisture traps created if the application is not done properly. I would vote for professional job if doing the whole underside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts