F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone I have searched and have been reading as much as I can on this forum and have found lots of great information of the last couple of weeks. I just received my tunes from MPT and I loaded my performance 89 with street shifting and HOLY SMOKES I laughed so hard when I launched it in 4HI. I went is 89 oct as we only have 90 oct here in Alaska.

Now on to my questions I am wanting to make sure my tune is safe just did a data log putting around town with no flooring it and my knock seems to be all over the place. Now to be honest I have been trying to learn as much as I can about data logging but I have no experience in knowing if everything is ok. I sent an email to MPT asking if they want to look at my data logs since they did not ask for any ( no response yet but it was after there business hours)

IS there anything else I should add to my PID?
How long should I data log for?
Under what conditions (flooring it? normal driving? )

Any other help or links please point in my direction.

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
You don't see many posting datalogs but since you did. This looks like a pretty low rpm pull. Afr is good, negative knock so looks safe. Someone can shoot you the MPT config, scap hooked me up with it but I'm on my phone and fumbling around in the middle of the night do I can't find it . If nobody has posted by morning I'll send it. Just send the logs to MPT or by pm to someone.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Oh OK is posting data logs a no no. I can take it down if it is frowned upon.

Sweet that would be great to get the file.

Yeah I'm not sire under what conditions to datalog. I figure WOT but what about just driving around normal? (Like log I posted above)

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have seen a few posted good and bad but they are a bit confusing to me yet.

What i see in that log is the tune had a fair bit of timing with a touch of knock which looks normal.
I would guess the fuel trim is about normal

I would love to see more posted and broken down by guys that have alot more understanding

·
Registered
674 Posts
I think the ones that are getting posted were being done so to warn about a particular tune. High knock and lean fuel. I don't see many favorable logs posted. As far as what grieving style to log. 0-80 full throttle, 0-55 half throttle, 50-80 full, cruising 60. Something like that. Pm sent with config file

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
uploadfromtaptalk1395308495083.jpg

Here an example of a good tune at wot :) nothing crazy with it. You can see knock staying negative. Running about 15 psi. Afr staying around .76

Nothing wrong with sharing logs and learning !

*Sent from ..Back in Low Boost *

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the file joewee3.5!

Thanks ecofx86

I am going to do a couple of data logs and post them up here if that ok with everyone. I am also going to send them to MPT but to be safe I want 3rd party views as well. I still cant get over how fast this truck is. Would eat my old HEMI alive!

·
Registered
674 Posts
You're welcome. I still don't feel right sharing logs that everyone knows who they are from. I know snap shots don't show everything but they show what max rpm a tune shifts at, max boost, afr and timing. I'm not completely convinced those numbers could not be used to benefit other tunes. To each their own though.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I think you going toget to a point where that's all you going to get out of a tune. Power wise. ..I believe we at that point now. .
Kinda like just pick your favorite team and work getting the shifting how u like it.

Imo holding 19 psi of boost is perfect.

Atleast showing logs expose if the tuner is doing something that might be a suspect(unsafe)

Just my little opinion ;)

*Sent from ..Back in Low Boost *

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I understand both sides of the argument but in all honesty its my truck and my engine and I would like to get third party views to help me out. If we all understand and can help one another that will benefit everyone. I dont want this thread to turn in to a argument or start bashing people just trying to get some knowledge in my brain.

And I guarantee all the other tuners out there have purchased the competition so its not like we are providing any information that they don't have access to.

This thread might go cold for a little while as I am being pulled out to go work in the field for 2 weeks starting tomorrow :( But once I am back I absolutely want to start this back up again with my data logs.

Still have not heard back from MPT ( asking about data logging and if they could help me out and look at them )

Is it standard for them to ask for data logs? I thought that is what I am paying for? maybe im wrong....

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sounds like you are being impatient. I've had three revisions from MPT after they have viewed my logs. It takes three business days to hear back from them. If they asked me for more money I'd pay it, I mean what more can you expect for that small tuning fee. Send the logs and wait. They'll get back to you.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yeah, log everything but don't expect instant gratification from MPT on the logs. Takes time to answer everyone.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks or the tips.

Not being impatient, just making sure I'm following proto call.

If it were me when I sent out my tunes I would include in the email that they sent instructions on how to data log and what exactly they need. In all honesty with out this forum I would not have a clue that I should be data logging and what to data log (thanks joewee). I just figured that very important info would be included in the email.

BTW every time I get in my truck it puts a bigger smile on my face now!!!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Well me personally if I get a tune from somebody and I datalog it I wanna know its good before I keep running that tune, luckily I have numerous tunes to switch to before I get a reply and I'm really glad I did because one of my revisions was so bad that I don't think it would of went 3 days before there would of been some problems. I think they have great customer service at mpt but every other tune I've ever got the tuner gets with me very fast after I send a datalog to make sure it's good or to see if it's bad, then it might take a couple days to get the new tune. This is just my thoughts on this.

·
Registered
868 Posts
so getting back to the original post you made you stated it was an 89 tune running 90 fuel 1
what was the tune more specifically ?
89 street perf
89 racing
89 towing

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Could you PM me the config as well. And I still need the call Boosted for data log help. I'm clueless on even how to do it. Been to damn busy to call him and figure it out.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Chad, you've seen plenty of logs to know if you can run a tune until the tuner gets back to you. I have seen several tuners taking days to send a revision. Try LMS and get no revision and run it for over a year...oh yeah I did that lol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so getting back to the original post you made you stated it was an 89 tune running 90 fuel 1
what was the tune more specifically ?
89 street perf
89 racing
89 towing
I'm running 89 Performance with Street trans.

Highest we have is 90 Oct here. I'm definitely not looking for more performance out of the tune just want to make sure its safe.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Chad, you've seen plenty of logs to know if you can run a tune until the tuner gets back to you. I have seen several tuners taking days to send a revision. Try LMS and get no revision and run it for over a year...oh yeah I did that lol.
Oh yeah I can but for guys that don't know how to or what to look for, That could be bad. Yeah I'm still waiting for that same update too, hell I've asked for simple things from LMS and nope they can't do that either, but I will stop there on that. I will try the new update when it does come out though

1 - 20 of 33 Posts