F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These three codes popped up Saturday morning and Sunday morning. What is peculiar is that it was about the same time frame, just two different days. I left my home early Saturday for OH and about two hrs in the 3 codes popped up along with the service wrench on the display. Sunday same scenario two hrs driving time, but not exact same location.
Saturday it was raining pretty hard but not when I turned truck off and wrench disappeared and truck ran great the rest of the day in OH and on drive back home. Sunday morning same thing, left home, 2 hrs in and BAM, same codes!! It rained just a little about 10-15 minutes prior to incident on Sunday. Again, tuned truck off and wrench gone!!! Truck ran good all day in OH and on way home. Drove to work Monday and running ok.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Ever drilled the weep hole in your IC? Could be condensate build up. Not unheard of this time of year. Especially when you mention rain prior to the codes.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
These three codes popped up Saturday morning and Sunday morning. What is peculiar is that it was about the same time frame, just two different days. I left my home early Saturday for OH and about two hrs in the 3 codes popped up along with the service wrench on the display. Sunday same scenario two hrs driving time, but not exact same location.
Saturday it was raining pretty hard but not when I turned truck off and wrench disappeared and truck ran great the rest of the day in OH and on drive back home. Sunday morning same thing, left home, 2 hrs in and BAM, same codes!! It rained just a little about 10-15 minutes prior to incident on Sunday. Again, tuned truck off and wrench gone!!! Truck ran good all day in OH and on way home. Drove to work Monday and running ok.
From the quick search I did pertaining to the P0068 code, it could happen at high altitude. Or it could be a bad throttle body (position sensor), or dirty map sensors.
Because you mentioned rain, I would also consider the mentioned condensation.
What year truck and how many miles?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
noodles
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing