F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 F150 XL 2WD 2.7, with some extra stuff!
1,936 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Right back to step one! KM

• Haha
Reactions: Justinjs

·
Registered
2013 race red SCrew 4x4 air lift bags
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Stretching back to a past issue, my rear door wires have been frayed for several months now. The passenger side just recently began to say it was open until the door was slammed, and the door lock just stopped working... delayed maintenance..I know I know.

*Update- both rear door wiring harnesses have been replaced (locks and doors now work). A new rear door handle is coming to the dealership tomorrow, that's all I'm waiting for to button it up.

·
Premium Member
17 Lariat SCLB Max Tow 4x4
967 Posts
Very good. Radio come back to life?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Alarms of all kind are no more. The radio is slowly bringing menu items back, no sound or actual functionality are back yet. Hopefully the next day or two something will download and it'll work, otherwise I'm going to the shop manuals for troubleshooting.

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Pull the radio and ohm out all your speaker connections. I’d bet the ACM is dead.

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Certainly a different problem than what I had. Good luck on diagnosing and fixing. KM

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Certainly a different problem than what I had. Good luck on diagnosing and fixing. KM
Yeah, it's real wonky.

When you first start it, the power button doesn't do much, as you drive it slowly brings in volume indicator, menu button works, clock, ect. all start to respond. But no radio or sound, Bluetooth is connected but no volume. Beats the crap out of me 🤷‍♂️. I'll tear into it tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Gross.

Is there another option for a replacement ACM, aftermarket (crutchfield)? I've been out of the audio game awhile, pardon the ignorance.
Agreed I was routing for it to come back. Idatalink makes a beautiful dashkit. Need a module I think for the climate control. Buy Maestro equipped deck. Installed a system very similar into the Mrs mustang this spring. Any questions let me know. I wouldn’t go back to factory for that price.

My two acms I killed were my factory one then an used one and I put used one last truck in and let the truck be someone else’s problem. Scared me when I was hunting driving across a field in 2 feet of snow in 4x4 and there was smoke curling out of the dash. I couldn’t stop because I’d be stuck instantly.

Reactions: butthead

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Agreed I was routing for it to come back. Idatalink makes a beautiful dashkit. Need a module I think for the climate control. Buy Maestro equipped deck. Installed a system very similar into the Mrs mustang this spring. Any questions let me know. I wouldn’t go back to factory for that price.

My two acms I killed were my factory one then an used one and I put used one last truck in and let the truck be someone else’s problem. Scared me when I was hunting driving across a field in 2 feet of snow in 4x4 and there was smoke curling out of the dash. I couldn’t stop because I’d be stuck instantly.
Other than oem/refurb, what's my options to replace this thing? I looked up that company but didn't see where they sell a replacement ACM.

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
  • Haha

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
21 - 40 of 55 Posts