F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
141 - 160 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Maybe didn't make it to the radiator yet, but did start to go through the filter and cooler? I'd definitely get a new stock oil cooler if your reman doesn't come with one, and do a solid clean of the aftermarket cooler. I'm thinking about replacing mine just due to the miles on my truck.
I wasnt even gunna put the cooler back on unless I find out im having temperature issues towing again.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I wasnt even gunna put the cooler back on unless I find out im having temperature issues towing again.
The aftermarket cooler I assume? It's a pretty quick and easy install at least. And you'll see if that's something that helps. Are you replacing the stock cooler with a new one? It'd be interesting to see if your old one was clogged at all.

·
Premium Member
17 Lariat Supercrew 4x4 SCLB Max Tow
696 Posts
Possibility you cracked the block into the crankcase before it blew out the side?
Are you going to tear it down?

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Possibility you cracked the block into the crankcase before it blew out the side?
Are you going to tear it down?
No its being used as a partial core, but I will try and see if the shop will let me come in a take pics.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
That’d be cool just always wonder what happened when I or someone doesn’t get to tear it down….

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Is the engine here? 😁

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·

·
Moderstrator
1,916 Posts
Hey @mass-hole - any news? Engine arrived on time? Are they working on it?

Reactions: FanaticalKilla

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Yes its at the shop and the engine was there. Ive been in Canada since the 15th and haven’t bothered them at all. I figured i would just call them when I am home tomorrow.

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
They actually just called and said the truck is ready.

He said the HPFP was bad. When they started it up with the new engine it was running bad and throwing a low fuel pressure code. That and a new O2.

wonder if the HPFP was failing and went lean. Just surprised it wouldnt throw a code before the engine went

·
Moderstrator
1,916 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,984 Posts
They actually just called and said the truck is ready.

He said the HPFP was bad. When they started it up with the new engine it was running bad and throwing a low fuel pressure code. That and a new O2.

wonder if the HPFP was failing and went lean. Just surprised it wouldnt throw a code before the engine went
It could have happened so quick, that it just stored a soft code before being able to tell you it was really bad. A bad HPFP would certainly lend to your failure.

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle Wheel

Just picked it up. He said that both CRP manifolds were warped bad 😂.

I’m gonna go on a limb and say that I have officially warped more manifolds than any ecoboost owner ever at 4.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
View attachment 182299

Just picked it up. He said that both CRP manifolds were warped bad 😂.

I’m gonna go on a limb and say that I have officially warped more manifolds than any ecoboost owner ever at 4.
Did you get the upgraded Ford manifold’s? Feel good to have it back?

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
Ive put ~230 miles on the truck since Friday, and the truck drives and sounds . . . . exactly the same as it did the second before the motor blew up(minus the low boost). I dont mean that to say the new engine doesn’t run well, it does, just that there was absolutely zero indication i was about to have a rod come flying through the side of the block. Its just incredible to me that the engine crapped the bed so quickly and throughly without any kind of major warning.

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
14,114 Posts
If you just HAD to guess..... Would a piston coming apart make sense? I mean it's the one thing that is known to happen to some small statistical number of the Gen1 pistons. And I don't think it's anything that you as the owner have a roll in. It's just an inexpensive mass produced cast piston.

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 · (Edited)
engine seems pretty happy. Its sitting at a -0.9 to -1 OAR on 91 octane and the stock tune, and I am surprisingly averaging 18.7 MPG after 231 miles including driving around town, two and from my house, and then driving down to the amusment park on the freeway doing 70-75 mph. All on 35's.

Only weird thing I have seen is high coolant temps coming up the mountain from salt lake. I was in the 220's most of the way on a 75-80 degree day. Im wondering if the coolant system still has air in it. They did have to replace the thermostat as part of the engine replacement(part of LQK's mandatory list) and so its now using the stock temp stat. Its been running around 210-212 under normal driving, which seems rightish for a 195F tstat, but surprised to see it jump so high on climbs.

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
Actually, now that I think about it, the skid plate and air dam were not reinstalled. They are still sitting in my garage so I wonder if the air flow through the radiator is bad.

141 - 160 of 167 Posts