F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my truck in to my local Ford dealer because truck has a miss under acceleration. They couldn't find the issue. Truck has been in 2 times within a month. They found the oil pan leaking on the first visit. They replaced oil pan gasket under warranty. Truck just hit 50,000miles. Truck has 2.7L EcoBoost with 6 speed tranny. I got the truck back after first visit and truck started making a clunking noise when cranking truck and turning off truck. I took truck back on second visit to see why truck is making noise after oil pan leak fix.. They couldn't find any issues. I crawled under truck yesterday while the wife cranked truck half a dozen times to try and find where noise is coming from. It looks like the Ford tech removed motor mount bolts on passenger side of truck to jack motor up to get oil pan clearance of crossmember.

My question is did Ford cause anymore damage to truck, motor mounts or could it have caused other issues with me driving truck 600 miles with motor mount not tight? THANKS

·
Registered
512 Posts
take it back to them and have them look at it. Impossible to tell over internet

Reactions: Envious

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Probably no damage if they were 600 easy miles. But I sure as hell would take pictures and show them and make them get it fixed and do a thorough once over for their negligence.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not a mechanic but I'm 45 years old and have worked on vehicles my whole life. It looks like they removed the 1 bolt on motor mount and loosed the other nut all the way out. They left the nut barely on so when they jacked motor up the 1" for oil pan clearance. I would of left the nut on like the mechanic so when motor was jacked up it wouldn't of moved out of alignment.

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
You are just now loosing confidence in someone you don't know working on a truck they don't own?

I hate when people work on my stuff. Most don't give a crap, especially if they are being paid to work as quickly as possible. Last time I used a shop for anything besides an alignment/tire change, they didnt torque down my caliper bolts on my front right wheel and the caliper came loose while I was driving my son to school and ****ed up my wheel.

But they offered me a free oil change! Cause I want them changing my oil :confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I just left Ford dealership. They are gonna replace the motor mount on passenger side that wasn't tightened. I realize the mechanic is human like me and we all make mistakes. Im just glad they are fixing the issue. Will update post after I get truck back tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I'd politely suggest that, since you're not really confident that damage didn't occur, they need to consider providing you an extended powertrain warranty for no cost.

Otherwise, I'd call Ford and open a case. Document everything, of course.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts