F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after much procrastination installed stainless works downpipes myself. Once I figured out how to get nuts off up by turbos it wasn't all that bad. Just had get truck way up on jack stands so I could save factory downpipes. Has anybody else done it themselves?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've done it myself and I installed catted downpipes from livernois. I didn't even jack the truck up as the truck is leveled and 35's I was able to crawl right under the truck. I did, after much fuss decided to just cut the factory down pipe in half with a saw and pull it out that way. Over all I would say the install was a 6 out of 10. The hardest part is making sure you have enough extension length and its just hard to get the sockets onto the nut but it is def do-able in your drive way.

Reactions: nate2013eb

·
Registered
118 Posts
Did you feel more pull or seat of the pants after the install?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I've done it myself and I installed catted downpipes from livernois. I didn't even jack the truck up as the truck is leveled and 35's I was able to crawl right under the truck. I did, after much fuss decided to just cut the factory down pipe in half with a saw and pull it out that way. Over all I would say the install was a 6 out of 10. The hardest part is making sure you have enough extension length and its just hard to get the sockets onto the nut but it is def do-able in your drive way.
I had the same results lol. Messed with it for an hour then said forget it and i cut it.. I'm glad i have a friend with a lift in his personal garage lol. I also had to unhang my catback then reinstall that.

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

·
Registered
577 Posts
Did you feel more pull or seat of the pants after the install?
I feel like i did. Then i got custom tunes and it is retarded now.. I feel the turbos spool like right now. You hit gas pedal and it doesn't matter what gear you are in your pulling hard! I did a 30-115 pull the other day in 20 seconds lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
They can't void our warranty putting a larger diameter downpipe? Can they? I did this on my Turbo SVO Mustang it helped for sure.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
They can void warranty with any aftermarket accessories if it is proven to have an ill effect on the oem design. And adding extra power makes the engine work harder in most circumstances.

·
Registered
53 Posts
There is def a huge difference in power but I also went with a livernois programmer at the same time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are you guys worried about emissions? The truck will fail inspection with the down pipes right unless you have the catted ones.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Are you guys worried about emissions? The truck will fail inspection with the down pipes right unless you have the catted ones.
I has issues with mine even with the cats. I tried o2 sensor spacers/cheaters and that was barely enough the guy inspecting it had it about a week to get every test to pass

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
But if it is under warranty why not have it dealer inspected? The truck has to pass inspection, if it does not then repairs would be under warranty unless I miss something.
Or do the mod's cause it to fail inspection?

·
Registered
577 Posts
It will pass inspection fine. Its the emission in pa that get you. If you gabber a check engine light it won't pass and you have to drive it so long before the system says your good

·
Registered
295 Posts
after a year are you still liking the downpipes?

Any MPG change with them? Finding is damn near impossible to justify $400 for just a downpipe

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I still have them and every time I mash the go pedal I smile. As far as mpg's you really have to adjust driving style and best mileage comes with long highway drives. I don't think the ecoboost engines like the cold .

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm also running SW catless down pipes, love them!!!! best mod I did along with tuner!!!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Solo catless downpipes here. Did them myself and I'm an old fart. Well worth the money both in added power and improved sound. Only took about 4 hours. I gained about .5 mpg .

Reactions: 2Canches
1 - 17 of 17 Posts